Oh my god! Totally sleepless 13 week old!

(9 Posts)
MummyIsMagic79 Tue 05-Mar-13 00:12:25

My DS 13w, has been awake and screaming since 3pm. He drops off in my arms, but as soon as he touches the bed he flies awake and screams the house down. Have breadtfed him for 3/4 hours. He's had 2.5 of Calpol, as he's had a cough, and I thought his throat might be sore. Have given in and made him a bottle of formula. He doesn't want it. Nor does he want any bf. I am exhausted. As is dh who works shifts. Any ideas? I can feel myself going crazy sad

MNPin2013 Tue 05-Mar-13 00:15:10

Gut pain, can you wrap him and lie him on a pillow covered by a big blanket as lying flat might hurt.

He is also chronically overtired and will find it very hard to stay asleep, try waiting for 40 minutes to get him deeply asleep before you put him down.

MummyIsMagic79 Tue 05-Mar-13 00:18:57

I thought pillows were dangerous for little babies. Do you mean under his mattress? He's lying here in my arms, sound asleep. But as soon as I put him to bed he wakes up crying. Thanks for your reply.

Is his bed cold? The change in temp under their heads can als wake a baby who is not fully asleep. Flanellette sheets are fab. Agree with pp about waiting - I would do 20m after you think he's sound. He's overtired and it's going to be a bit of a mare I think sad

MummyIsMagic79 Tue 05-Mar-13 13:01:38

He kept it up all night! Then slept from 8-12noon!! His bed is lovely and warm. I've no idea why it happened. Just hoping thy we have a better night tonight!

Iggly Tue 05-Mar-13 13:03:23

Then hold him then? Let him sleep in you - it will pass and he'll be happy. Do you have a sling?

BlingLoving Tue 05-Mar-13 13:04:42

Reflux? Try raising the head of the bed perhaps?

Good luck!

stargirl1701 Tue 05-Mar-13 19:23:44

Silent reflux?

habhann Tue 05-Mar-13 20:16:27

Lo needs at least 3 naps per day and then have a bedtime routine starting around 6.30pm cot for 7/8. Ensure day naps last at least 1 hour. Include playtime between naps. This has worked for me, breastfeeding 19 week old .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now