Confused and at my wits end!

(9 Posts)
abi2790 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:26:27

My baby is really confusing me atm! We went through a nursing strike for about a week and we've just got over that but now he just seems hungry all the time! He's 3 months and putting on weight brilliantly so I don't know why we're having problems now when everything has gone so well! Tonight every time I put him in his crib he wakes up after 5 mins and wants feeding again even if he has just fed for 30-60 mins! He's also usually a really good sleeper but last night he woke up every 3 hours! Any advice on what I can do? I know I really just need to let him lead but I feel like we're going backwards sad he doesn't usually need me for comfort as he usually falls asleep without me needing to settle him but over the past couple of days it's been like when he was a newborn!

MajaBiene Sun 03-Mar-13 22:29:44

Maybe he just doesn't want to be away from you - have you tired bringing him into your bed?

abi2790 Sun 03-Mar-13 22:41:08

Well I feed him in bed with me at night and usually falls asleep around 20 mins after the start of a feed. He's asleep now finally but he's been feeding on and off since around 8. I'm hoping he may have a good night's sleep though if he's had lots of milk smile

MajaBiene Sun 03-Mar-13 22:47:16

Probably a growth spurt then.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sun 03-Mar-13 22:49:59

Either a wonder week, "Wonder Week 12 - fussiness starts around 12 weeks/2.8 months and usually lasts 1-7 days" or a growth spurt, "Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don’t read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently."

abi2790 Mon 04-Mar-13 02:19:31

Arrrgghh he woke up at 2am after going to sleep at 11 sad

getoffthecoffeetable Mon 04-Mar-13 02:28:54

Three months is usually growth spurt time, hopefully after a couple of days DC will be back to usual routine.

Lostonthemoors Mon 04-Mar-13 02:41:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

abi2790 Mon 04-Mar-13 07:47:52

Thanks giys smile growth spurts are so stressful! My poor boy woke up crying this morning.. He never does that sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now