Struggling feeding newborn

(10 Posts)
newtonupontheheath Fri 01-Mar-13 18:55:53

Just hoping I can help someone out with this...

When my ds was born 2 years ago, a mner recommended a lovely book to me called "The Food of Love" by Kate Evans. I bought it and it really helped me through the long night feeds and evenings of never ending cluster feeds. It's got pictures, as well as words, and it's big enough that you can easily prop it open to read as you feed.

I read it again before and after the birth of my dd in October, and it's been passed around a few if my friends as they've had their los.

I'd like to pass my copy on to someone who will find it useful. Has anybody noticed a mner on these boards that would benefit from it? Or would anyone like it themselves? I'm going to the post office tomorrow to take some other bits so it can be with you soon enough. I'll cover postage, I just want it to go to a good home smile

Pm me or post here

TwitchyTail Fri 01-Mar-13 21:05:23

PM'd you smile

geekette Sat 02-Mar-13 02:31:58

how sweet smile

iloveholidays Sat 02-Mar-13 04:45:52

Lovely post... Very kind of you.

Glad all going well.

newtonupontheheath Sat 02-Mar-13 06:09:38

Pm'd you back twitchy smile

SanneSannes Sat 02-Mar-13 09:33:53

What a lovely idea!

ButteryJam Sun 03-Mar-13 22:42:30

What a great idea and how kind of you to offer!

In lo

ButteryJam Sun 03-Mar-13 22:43:48

(Sorry that went before I finished)

I'm looking for a cheap copy too if anyone comes across one. Local library doesn't have one unfortunately and haven't found a cheap copy on eBay either.

TwitchyTail Tue 05-Mar-13 08:42:10

I can confirm this is a brilliant book - really made my day yesterday when I got it - spent all day reading it while baby did his relentless boob attack and it made things so much easier smile It also has general baby advice with lots of common sense and links to evidence. Newtonupontheheath, you are a lovely person, can't tell you how much I appreciate you sending it to me!

I will happily pass it on to another MNer when we have the hang of this whole breastfeeding malarkey. In the meantime, ButteryJam - try asking your library if they can order a copy in for you - our local library are really happy to get book requests as they have a budget set aside for this which is barely used.

newtonupontheheath Tue 05-Mar-13 12:18:17

You're very welcome twitchy smile

Glad it's gone to a good home!

Enjoy those snuggles, they grow too quickly <sob>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now