ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Cheap pump hire?

(12 Posts)

Well, thanks again, I love it!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sun 03-Mar-13 22:09:03

More than likely bunty and I recognised your name when I read the thread some think so! I love it. Have just expressed off two 6oz bottles for my freezer stock :-)

I think it may have been you that recommended it to me, izzy!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sun 03-Mar-13 01:11:28

I second the spectra 3. I've recommended it tons on here and had good feedback too :-) very reasonable price and a great pump to boot!

ghoulelocks Sat 02-Mar-13 20:01:39

yep, the £45-50 is the weekly shop amount I've seen! Thanks for replies, it looks like saving and buying is the way forward I guess.

I used the Symphony when dd was admitted at 1 1/2 weeks but it was a bit early on to say how efficient it was. I ended up just bf anyway as it was such a bloody faff, they seemed to want bottles so they knew exactly what was going in and expressing was a compromise but I found direct feeding easier (they said she couldn't as she was so sleepy, but dd is good at eating whilst asleep!)

BadgerFace Sat 02-Mar-13 12:56:14

I hired a Medela Symphony as well and found it to be a good double pump but I personally found double pumping to be a bit of a faff so I only hired it for two weeks to help increase my supply in the beginning (as we had issues establishing feeding).

I've also used a Medela Swing since birth which I think is a very good electric pump. I was pumping 8 times a day for the first few weeks, although have now reduced to once a day and about 200ml. They are quite pricy new (£90) but you can probably get one on ebay for less. I bought one for £45 on a local forum.

You can buy a spectra 3 and convert to a double for about £60. It was recommended to me on here and ha as good as the hospital grade one I hired.

TwitchyTail Fri 01-Mar-13 21:22:56

How much have you been quoted? Not sure how much your weekly shop is wink but I've hired a Medela Symphony (hospital grade, works much better than the home-use Medela electric one I borrowed off someone) for £45 a month, which I believe is their standard charge. I called Medela directly, who put me in touch with a local agent to collect from.

You can go to other childrens centres there are usually a few in each area?

ghoulelocks Fri 01-Mar-13 14:05:11

Mine's closed, but thanks for replying.

Stupidly I had one and gave it to a relative who bloody sold it instead of using it.

BrianButterfield Fri 01-Mar-13 13:58:14

My local children's centre rents them out cheaply.

ghoulelocks Fri 01-Mar-13 13:48:40

Has anyone found a source of a cheap hire for an electric pump? I've found NCT and ardo but they are the equivalent of a weekly shop each month to hire!

I want to try again this time, ideally building up a supply before returning to work and I'm not getting on with my tomme tippie manual, I seem to need one that reaches more than the tips of my nipples! I'd maybe buy if it worked, but it's expensive to keep trying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now