One bottle a day at 8mo

(4 Posts)

Oh and I also had judgy pants on at the chocolate part! She wanted to give dd some and said I was mean when I told her no!

Ah the ever so clever tiktok. Thank you.
I think I was a bit 'hmm am I doing the right thing' as she thought it was madness that my dd was still having night feeds and wasn't really eating much and another pal agreed and said you really have to get her milk down.
So it plants a seed of doubt you see!
But I shall keep calm and carry on
Thanks for replying

tiktok Wed 27-Feb-13 17:08:01

It can be a challenge when people do things differently from you.

But your friend is very unusual.

One bottle of milk in 24 hours is not normally sufficient for a baby of 8 mths, and chocolate does not add anything to her diet <raises judgy eyebrow> smile

You don't have a feeding problem. You have a confidence problem smile Your baby is fine and is eating appropriately - plenty of breastmilk in response to her needs, and small amounts of solids which she is gradually increasing.

Why would a friend's (odd and peculiar and individual) experience with a different baby make you feel you don't know what you are doing?

You don't need to feel anything but vaguely interested in what she's doing - you definitely don't need to feel undermined or challenged by it smile

Just chatting to my friend about struggling with weaning my dd and she says oh my dd only has 1 bottle now and that's at night.
The baby is 8m just and was around 6 weeks prem. She seems like a really good eater from what I was told and even gets things like chocolate.
I on the other hand am still bf on demand (so lots!) and although dd is on 3 meals a day she doesn't eat much really.
Surely a baby needs more milk than just at nighttime or am I totally off track?
I'm thinking maybe I should be reducing dds milk as they are the same age but I though it was mainly milk til one!
Weaning is such a minefield I always feel like I don't know what I am doing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now