bf baby screaming at boob!

(6 Posts)
AliceWChild Wed 27-Feb-13 08:44:18

Mine used to do this. Never knew why. He doesn't now. And now I feel sad as I'm like an old hand with an old baby rather than a new mum with a newborn. He's 4 months grin

Chloe55 Wed 27-Feb-13 08:41:52

Thanks for your replies, it would seem its possibly connected to the fact she has been hit with this cold virus which presented itself full force last night-had a terrible night of coughing crying baby sad I'm hoping that explains it away anyway as once she's better the faffy feeding should stop.

Maybe she is frustrated waiting for the milk to letdown? Do you feel a letdown? My DS did this because I had low supply and he didn't like waiting for the milk to letdown so I did switch nursing where I basically switched boobs everytime he pulled off. Might help if you think it's a letdown issue?

smile4me Tue 26-Feb-13 19:26:32

Hi Chloe55 My DD did exactly the same thing at 10w, I put it down to being developmental in the end as eventually it stopped suddenly! There is a wonder week at 12w so could be related. I know how frustrating it is though smile

noBSplease Tue 26-Feb-13 19:07:43

Hmmmm DS currently does similar but he's older and in him I think it's developmental and to do with his brain, not the boob - he is too excited to be bothered to feed. Don't know if there is a developmental jump around 10wks but maybe worth a google. Have you tried a different feeding position? Lying down sometimes works when others don't, they like to hop on and off! Also as they grow sometimes a position that was comfy for them isn't any more... Check her spine is nice and straight. Having BF 3 babes though they all had spells of odd behaviour - it never lasted long, so whatever she's up to she may well stop it just as quickly as she started.

Chloe55 Tue 26-Feb-13 16:13:09

10wk old, always fed reasonably well, started to feed for a couple of minutes then scream and claw out at my boob for past couple days. I bring her back up to wind etc (nothing ever comes up though) wait for her to calm down then try again. This goes on for about 10-15mins then as all of a sudden she will feed like a dream. I'm wondering if she's getting bellyache at the start but why now? Have checked her mouth and that look as clear of thrush symptoms. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now