Toddler bf language! Any funny stories to share?

(21 Posts)
Lostonthemoors Mon 25-Feb-13 20:36:52

DS, 19 months, recently learned to 'say' milk when he wants a feed - he says mi mi mi enthusiastically.

Tonight when I was about to feed him to sleep, I asked him 'would you like some milk?' expecting the usual mi mi mi chorus.

Instead he looked at me and said with huge relish, cheese, cheese! DH and I laughed a lot grin

DS adores cheddar and shouts cheese, cheese, cheese when he sees it on the table.

Does your dc have any funny words for bf?

FattyMcChubster Mon 25-Feb-13 20:45:28

Dd can't talk yet but when she's wanting a feed she will throw whatever she's been chewing on across the floor, launch herself at my chest and does this weird little mouth thing with her tongue sticking out.
It actually looks quite cute.

Bananasinfadedpjs Mon 25-Feb-13 20:59:16

When DD (19 months) has finished she always says "put the lid back on, mummy" (ie do your bra back up).
I think she gets it from me always reminding DD1 to put the lid back on the milk or juice carton when she pours herself a drink, but it always makes me smile.

Lostonthemoors Mon 25-Feb-13 21:04:19

Fatty and bananas - they both sound very cute smile

jennimoo Mon 25-Feb-13 21:09:15

For ages DD couldn't say milk properly so would call it 'mummy muck!'

Manchesterhistorygirl Mon 25-Feb-13 21:11:20

My ds2 says miche. As in want mummy miche peeeeeaaasseeeee. grin He is 26 mo.

Ds1 always called it buvvas, but he didn't talk until he was 2.

Lostonthemoors Mon 25-Feb-13 21:11:43

grin

Just read all these to my DH and he is laughing away!!

Lostonthemoors Mon 25-Feb-13 21:13:05

Mummy miche smile

lyndie Mon 25-Feb-13 21:17:14

Don't ask me why but it has always been 'drinky' in our house, DD shouts dink! dink! smile

Lostonthemoors Mon 25-Feb-13 22:23:08

The toddler pronunciation just makes their words for it even more lovely.

I'm glad we aren't alone smile

Manchesterhistorygirl Mon 25-Feb-13 22:56:51

I forgot to add he does this really earnest head nod too whilst saying yes peeeease mummy miche. gringringringrin

5madthings Mon 25-Feb-13 23:00:25

When ds1 was little he fed from one side and I jokingly said do you want tity two...

He then referred to one side as 'titty two' for some time blush

After that I made sure my next children called it something appropriate, ds2 and ds3 called it 'Milka' smile

1Catherine1 Mon 25-Feb-13 23:05:33

When my DD was younger she used to say "booby", that was one of her first words, before mummy. Now she's nearly 2, she says "bo-bo". It is a little less obvious when we have company. Although she also says "yellow bo-bo", which actually means "other bo-bo" for the trained ear.

Purplecatti Tue 26-Feb-13 09:40:04

My friend's toddler shouts Nip nip niiiiiiiiip and goes on shouting until he gets it. It never fails to make me laugh

Lostonthemoors Tue 26-Feb-13 10:42:35

I'm thinking I should be very very careful what I say around DS from now on!! grin

DS is only 8 months so no words yet but I always say...do you want some food? Not sure what I'm going to do now he s weaning onto real food, poor boy won't know what's going on! Maybe I should come up with a new name!

pnin Tue 26-Feb-13 20:13:41

My eldest shouted 'I want TIIIIIIIIT ' in a lift once in the ergo carrier when she was 14 m

pnin Tue 26-Feb-13 20:16:16

14 months because she'd been overhearing me moan about my 'tits' to dh (had mastitis) for a while. And there I was, impressed by her speaking ...

Then she called it tittybang

The youngest calls it ''side" (as in this side, that side)

ishchel Wed 27-Feb-13 10:33:58

My four yr old who hasn't fed in the daytime for the longest was just snuggled up to me watching telly then said suddenly, 'I can smell me-mees. Can I have some.' And wouldn't be fobbed off.

scrivette Fri 01-Mar-13 20:01:39

My 20 month old doesn't really talk, but if he sees me putting my bra on he waves goodbye to 'his' milk!

nellyjelly Fri 01-Mar-13 20:03:44

My DD used to call it bee bees.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now