Milk Floods! Please tell me what the best breast pads are?

(16 Posts)
GhostOfTheRobot Wed 20-Feb-13 10:21:03

Leftie leaks the most and I can't seem to find a good pad.
I used Tommee Tippee but they're so expensive. Supermarket own seem to be the worst for leaking.

Have also tried washable ones but they kept moving around.

What's worked best for you? I have a towel pressed on at the moment but can't go out like that!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

northerngoldilocks Wed 20-Feb-13 10:24:28

Lansinoh were the best I found. Expensive but got through less as they actually stay in place (2 sticky pads I think from memory). Plus they're lovely and thin!

MinnesotaNice Wed 20-Feb-13 10:30:39

Not sure if they are sold here, but Medela pads were my favorite, although the Lansinoh ones were a close second. I also had some disposable ones, but they were really thick and leaked so I only used them once.

GhostOfTheRobot Wed 20-Feb-13 10:34:51

Lansinoh eh? I didn't know they made pads too. Thin is good. Hate the obvious ones. I will look online, thanks!
Will search for Medela too, thanks.

blindlyovertherainbow Wed 20-Feb-13 10:39:18

Lansinoh by far! Cheapest I've found them is on Amazon.

5madthings Wed 20-Feb-13 10:45:16

I used tge johnson ones.

Pinkponiesrock Wed 20-Feb-13 11:39:26

Lansinoh for the win! Amazon had them at less than half price the other week, I got 3 boxes which I think is 180 pads for £11. They are individually wrapped so if like me you have on side that leaks more then you don't have to open a 2 pack like the TT ones if you just need one pad.

GhostOfTheRobot Wed 20-Feb-13 13:40:22

Lansinoh it is. Thanks you all!

5madthings Wed 20-Feb-13 14:00:22

Checl out poundland my local one sometimes has lanisoh or johnsons bpads, and then stock up!

GhostOfTheRobot Wed 20-Feb-13 16:48:50

Wow, Poundland?! I need to get down there!

DoingTheSwanThing Wed 20-Feb-13 23:10:08

Totally second lansinoh via amazon, I get massive box every few months. Oh, the glamour.

leedy Wed 20-Feb-13 23:18:16

Lansinoh or Avent disposables. I think the Avent ones are slightly more leak-proof but they're thicker which you mightn't like. Also do a special night version which is thicker again.

VilootShesCute Wed 20-Feb-13 23:21:40

Boots slim ones worked for me

ThreeWheelsGood Thu 21-Feb-13 07:54:46

Seconding Boots own brand (slim ones) - they look thin but they absorb a lot, I always wear them overnight.

KatAndKit Thu 21-Feb-13 12:55:43

Lansinoh were the best ones for me too. Supermarket own brand waste of space. The lansinoh ones actually stayed put in my bra.

RockabillyKitty Thu 21-Feb-13 22:14:02

Mothercare extra absorbent for me - disposable but a pair lasts all day even with super leaky right boob. About 6 quid for 50 I think. Washable ones are a waste of space, tend to smell and move about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now