Baby screaming when i put to one breast.

(5 Posts)
Lostonthemoors Thu 14-Feb-13 15:29:39

Pressed send too soon - they said I should hand express until I was comfortable.

Hopefully her leg will be much less sore tomorrow.

Lostonthemoors Thu 14-Feb-13 15:28:30

Only a day or so - when I spoke to the bf helpline they said it is not uncommon. Just make sure you don't get mastitis by hand expressing the side he is refusing until comfortable.

HopAndSkip Thu 14-Feb-13 14:06:26

She has! It's been since the day after them actually, I don't know why I didn't think of that
How long did it last with him? x

Lostonthemoors Thu 14-Feb-13 13:58:25

Has she just had jabs? This happened to my DS when he had a sore leg from jabs.

x

HopAndSkip Thu 14-Feb-13 13:57:11

My DD is 5 months, not weaning yet.
She has never had any trouble feeding, but if anything i probably feed her more on the left than the right usually. For the past 4 days, she has been coming on and off if i put her on the left, and most times screaming in a really distressed way until i put her on the right side, where she will instantly feed and be happy again.
It doesn't hurt at all, and I tried hand expressing (I can't express very easily though) and I managed to get a few drops out so there is still milk there, is there any reason my milk could have gone strange on one side, or is this just her deciding she likes facing one way?
I've tried feeding her in different positions, and she's still avoiding the same boob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now