When does evening cluster feeding start??

(7 Posts)
emsyj Fri 08-Feb-13 21:41:41

I remember when DD1 was little that she would be latched on constantly from about 6pm til anything from midnight to 3am - I think this lasted for a few weeks, but memories are hazy...

I just had DD2 on Tuesday morning. My milk has come in now and she is feeding well, but isn't cluster feeding - is it too soon for that to have started? Just idly wondering if/when my evenings will be snatched from me! grin

MatriarchalDreams Fri 08-Feb-13 22:32:03

Hmm, it's amazing how quickly you forget, isn't it? My DD isn't even 7 months and I'm struggling to remember. She was very sleepy for the first 10 days or so and I was having to wake her up to feed, after that she started waking herself and I think it was about 3 weeks that she started cluster feeding, I think it reached its peak at about 5-6 weeks (just when my sister was visiting from Australia so she got to experience the worst of the unsettled evenings with us!) Good luck with the long evenings and congratulations on your newborn.

thompson369 Sat 09-Feb-13 08:08:07

For me it started when dd was about a week old and seems to be passing now she's almost 6 weeks. Good luck x

Puffykins Sat 09-Feb-13 08:22:16

DS cluster fed from about two to three weeks. DD never did.

melliebobs Sat 09-Feb-13 08:25:47

With dd it started at the 3 week growth spurt n carried on to about 12 week. Permanently attached from 6pm-10pm

emsyj Sat 09-Feb-13 12:30:54

Oh, interesting Puffykins that your DD never did the cluster feed thing - maybe I'll be lucky this time! My boobs are huge and hard and sore so I am sort of wishing for more demand, they haven't been properly emptied at all so far (despite fairly enthusiastic feeding from DD2) and I am desperate for that lovely sensation when every drop is gone and they feel light and empty!

ticklebug74 Sat 09-Feb-13 20:00:25

Neither of my first cluster fed but then I did shove a boob at them every time they squeaked so they were no doubt sufficiently fed :-). However dc3 started cluster feeding at 6 weeks - right about the time my mum left so I had to do more for dc1 and dc2 = less time during the day for dc3 to feed. She cluster fed till 14 weeks every night from 7 - 11pm!! 16 weeks now and finally getting some of my evening back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now