premature and breastfeeding

(2 Posts)
habhann Fri 08-Feb-13 10:44:32

My ds was born at 35 weeks on Oct 19th as I had cholestasis in pregnancy. It was an elective section. Had lots of skin to skin and struggled to establish breeding but we go there. Ds is now 16 weeks today with a corrected age of 12 weeks. He is a slow weight gain and is on 9th centile, so having weekly weights and monitored by gp. Still ebf but finding it all hard at the moment. Feeling quite low today, mum passed away 3 years ago and really missing her now..i have been really grumpy with dh. I find I am becoming resentful towards mil especially her advice. Dh parents live far away and have not seen ds since Xmas. They don't want to visit as they feel they are interfering.i find it difficult when they visit as I go to bedroom to bfeed..they are always uptight during visit...anyone else in this situation.i want to continue breastfeeding but feeling isolated and worn out

25hourdaymum Fri 08-Feb-13 23:24:18

Have you tried speaking to your health visitor about this? They usually are really helpful and understand whats going on.
Can't be easy without your mum about though. Still have my mum but she wasn't much of any part of her grandson's life for quite a few years until recently. Main thing is, your ds is doing well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now