So I have thrush ... Remind me what I need to do

(3 Posts)

Nipple is itchy, pink and shiny, which looks like a pretty clear case of thrush to me. How do I make it go away? Have put on Daktarin (once), will that do it (if I do it regularly, I mean!)?

And the more complicated stuff ... I'm tandem feeding, 18 mo DS and 4 yo DD. DD has had an on-off itchy rash on her nappy area since she was about 18 months old (which coincided with me getting really bad vaginal thrush (apologies if anyone's eating)). I've had no thrush symptoms since then and no doctors seem to believe her rash could be bfing related so we're managing it with Timodene/Trimovate when it flares up and I have resigned myself to just doing this until she finally weans (not quite sure what I'll do if that has no effect!).

DS had definite thrush very briefly when he was quite small (hazy on dates) but white gunk all over the inside of his mouth; was treated briefly with Nystatin, I used Daktarin a couple of times and it all disappeared within a couple of days (unexpectedly, thought it would be a bugger to deal with).

I am currently extremely run down, completely exhausted (fundamentally incapable of going to bed before midnight the earliest, at least one child still waking at night), and have had a horrible cough and sore swollen throat for a couple of days. So I'm wondering whether we are in actual fact all riddled with thrush but it only shows itself when we're a bit under the weather?

rhondajean Thu 07-Feb-13 22:47:03

Ouch ouch ouch.

All three of you need treated. Otherwise you will just continue to cross infect each other. Get to the go ASAP.

It does tend to appear when you are worn out. It was what made me give up breastfeeding dd2 at four months(though I had enough expressed milk to do for a bit longer) because the pain gets unbearable, I can only describe it as sticking shards of glass into your nipple. You have my sympathy.

nillynoon Sat 09-Feb-13 07:58:29

Yup, you need flucanazole, daktarin cream, oral gel for both of them and canestan for the toddlers bum x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now