This go to bed with your baby and feed constantly thing - how do you do it?

(5 Posts)
1978andallthat Wed 06-Feb-13 21:42:40

I mean even if I didn't have a dd to feed and entertain I'd still have to wash and cook a bit and wee and buy the shopping etc. Even with help it's just not practical.

SirBoobAlot Wed 06-Feb-13 21:44:30

How old is your baby? The feeding constantly thing isn't forever, I promise smile Do you have a sling?

If you have a partner you let them do everything apart from feeding the baby. If not you buy in some ready meals (or batch cook) and ignore the housework for a couple of days.

When DS was born DD was only 2.5 so instead of staying in bed I spent a lot of time on the sofa feeding DS while DD and I did puzzles, watched tv, had stories, did colouring etc.

DoItToJulia Wed 06-Feb-13 21:49:55

Online shopping is a lifesaver and a couple of half hour whizz rounds to get the bare minimum housework stuff done. It's only for a couple if days to get established usually.

But with another small person, it is likely to be difficult. The sofa is your friend! Take duvets and pillows down and camp out. Ignore the door!

Snusmumriken Wed 06-Feb-13 21:52:25

My DH did all of the house work when DS was little and most of it now that DS is 15 months old. We buy everything we can online and have very low standards when it comes to house keeping! ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now