Help! Milk flew out of medela mini!

(5 Posts)
PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Tue 05-Feb-13 09:48:18

Well, expressing one side this morning as usual, and a dart of milk flew out of the little hole in the side of the motor! I got half the amount today that i normally would, is the motor knackered? Is milk meant to come out of the side???

oscarwilde Tue 05-Feb-13 13:49:33

I can't help specifically but I had a similar issue with the Swing. The US website has lots of troubleshooting and instructions as to what to do with the pumps if they get flooding and need washing out and drying. I guess so many people go back to work so quickly there that more people express a lot but it was much more helpful (and better laid out) than the UK website I thought. Hilarious video to sell the bra so you can dual express too!

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Tue 05-Feb-13 20:21:27

I tried that, its fecked, suction is so weak. Its had a good innings anyway, ordered a new one!

GTbaby Wed 06-Feb-13 00:28:17

The nozzle that flows into the bottle may need cleaning. On the swing there is like a rubber disk. I found cleaning and drying it really helped.

oscarwilde Thu 07-Feb-13 16:35:17

Replace the little rubber disc, sorts out the suction issue. Which I discovered after purchasing a 2nd and non-returnable pump sad. They're about £5 on amazon or find a friend with a spare to test it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now