Pain in boobs!

(7 Posts)
Jenijena Mon 04-Feb-13 19:43:13

I had an infection without any normal signs of mastitis: this was picked up by an analysis of my milk when they found I had a ? group B strep infection (whatever that is, I am no doctor!). I had all the deep breast thrush symptoms and it was agony. Took three doses of antibx to clear up, and was v patronised by gp ('why don't you just switch to formula?') but all fine now. Milk was tested 3 times as they didn't believe it hadn't gone with antibx.

Worth persevering, but I found most medical professionals pretty awful (and I saw a lot in this time).

McBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 19:22:53

Sounds like the let down pain got for first few months. It's now gone but can't remember it going she is now six months and haven't had it for a long time.

abi2790 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:43:38

The bf support worker mentioned the let down pain which I think is most likely but yes MrsSham its a shooting pain from the inside and has started to reach right up to my armpit sad

MrsSham Sun 03-Feb-13 21:29:54

It does sound like thrush, do you get shooting like pains from inside coming through your breasts to the nipple. I had similar and had to convince Gp it was thrush before he did anything, think I was prescribed a tablet or tablets in the end.

NotSoNervous Sun 03-Feb-13 21:24:59

Hi, I had something similar when my DD was about 7 weeks until about 10-11 weeks and it was awful, I think it was my let down but one day it just stopped. I only had it for the first few minutes of each feed but it made me dread feeding her because I knew the pain would come

Sorry that's not much help, hope t goes for you soon

Abigail9580 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:20:18

It's not your milk let down is it. Mine sometimes makes me squeal out loud involuntary!! My DS is 6m and I am sure it has got worse when it happens, however it no longer happens at every feed. Just maybe one or two a day.

abi2790 Sun 03-Feb-13 21:17:03

Hi everyone. This is really hard to explain. I've explained it to different health workers and bf support workers but I don't think anyone knows what the problem is. I have this VERY strong pain in both my breasts at the beginning of every feed. It feels like pins and needles and has gradually got worse since ds was around 2 weeks.. He's now 9 weeks. I don't think it's mastitis because my boob isn't red and the pain is only at the beginning of a feed and is in both breasts at the same time. Ds and I have both been treated for thrush but he still has it and now we have stopped treatment. Could it be thrush?

Thanks for any help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now