Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

How to stay awake during night feeds part 7 - put in your orders for sleepy dust!

(1000 Posts)

Can't believe we are on part 7! and I'm still here

Welcome one and all smile

MrsNPattz Mon 04-Feb-13 10:52:57

Morning, I was wrong - we weren't up for an hour, he went straight back down after his feed! Thankfully!

I'm getting waxed this morning ready for swimming tomorrow and the wedding on Saturday! Then counselling later.

Hope all of the poorly teeth get better soon - poor things!

larlemucker Mon 04-Feb-13 12:53:00

Waxing, nasty!
Baby larle been weighed this morn and has put on a whole pound in 2 weeks!! So chuffed as although he has a bottle on a night its only 4oz so I know I'm making enough milk.
Hi to all, hope you all have a good Monday

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Mon 04-Feb-13 13:51:06

susie I'm chuckling at the thought of your DH wading in to all the bunfights, that's exactly the sort of thing my DH would do just to keep himself amused.

funch what a horrible scare so glad she's ok.

We've got so much cake and tasty naughtiness in the house at the moment, just got back from all morning out but think we're going to have to go out again or I'll end up scoffing the lot.

<distributes lemon drizzle cake, custard tarts, homemade honey nut bars and sultana butter cookies>

<takes a massive bite of everything when no one is looking>

MrsNPattz Mon 04-Feb-13 14:21:00

Great, waxing lady went to the wrong house so I am now going up her on Thursday but it means I have to go swimming tomorrow with hairy legs and under arms!! Help!! confused

Susie I am totally stressing out about the same things, I don't know how to get us showered or whether to do it at home, or how to get us both dressed etc etc! I'm really nervous blush and now hairyness to top it off! will let you know how it goes! Glad you are doing ok, we have missed you!

MrsNPattz Mon 04-Feb-13 14:21:44

Heff mmmm thanks for the cake - I will take it all grin

larlemucker Mon 04-Feb-13 14:34:00

OMG, How much cake! Yum. Thanks heff.
Mrsn, have you got a wetsuit!grin wink

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Mon 04-Feb-13 15:15:36

mrsn don't stress you'll have a lovely time. Whenever we go swimming my time/stress saving tips are

- go wearing your cossie under your clothes so you don't have to change fully. Wear easy on/off clothes for both of you.
- take towels to the poolside
- rinse under the shower but save washing properly for the bath at home
- take an extra towel so if you can't get a cubicle with a changing station in you can fold it on the bench or floor and change baby there
-feed him if he gets upset, I've never heard of a no feeding rule at any of our local pools but if there is one at yours its not like they can tell what you're doing if you're in the cubicle anyway.
-spare plastic bags for chucking all the wet stuff in so you don't have to faff around wringing it out etc
-talcum powder! Makes drying and dressing much quicker and more comfortable (and lovely smelling!)

I've succumbed to a small piece of lemon cake backside my DM made it and its lush, but so far resisted everything else for now

MrsNPattz Mon 04-Feb-13 15:40:18

Aw thanks for taking the time to write those tips Heff! I'm already packed but I will put some carrier bags in now! I have 2 towels for little man. I am looking forward to it - I'm just a worrier lol

Larle I need one - they are going to think I'm weird haha blush

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Mon 04-Feb-13 16:05:36

I've just noticed my autocorrect changed 'because' to 'backside' in that last post...why?!!

Hope you and little man have a wonderful time mrsn smile

Ameybee Mon 04-Feb-13 17:59:53

Really really need a better night than last night hmm I feel awful! On the plus side it can't get much worse than last night as it was utterly shite!! Having a fish finger sandwich then pj's on and bed ASAP! X

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Mon 04-Feb-13 19:09:34

Bedtime nearly done <looks hopefully at baby flailing arms and fighting sleep> and I'm planning on a nice bath and dying my hair tonight. Its been so long my roots are down to my ears blush

mrsn how was swimming?

Dd1 made us laugh tonight, she gave dd2 a kiss goodnight just as dd2 released a bit of a dribble overflow so her sisterly kiss was met with dribbly baby wetness. Her face was a picture, couldn't have been more disgusted if I'd tried feeding her catfood, then she just said "daddy, tissue" wiped her mouth and gave dd2 'the look'. How was a bit of baby drool be so revolting to a toddler who regularly dips her toast in her yoghurt?!

Attempting transfer number two. See you all later xx

MrsNPattz Mon 04-Feb-13 19:38:11

Heff it's tomorrow afternoon! I keep thinking about what people will think about my hairiness lol bless your DD!

Counselling was helpful again tonight, talking about things that happened in the past to make me how I am today.

I'm really tired and feel a cold coming on! WW in the morning, I have been sooooo good so hope it shows on the scales!

Hello everyone,

Funch so sorry to hear of your bad nights and scare, glad babyfunch was okay.

Tips for DH:

Distractions - have favourite toys, books, dvd, activities to hand in case of a terrible teething day, illness or 'I want my mummy' moment. Singing, dancing, tickling, crawl chase all good ways to pass the time.

Snacks/food/bottles - if going out make sure you take lots, nothing worse than being caught short with a hungry baby.

Teething medication - see above but for teething baby.

Get out of the house - breaks up the day, plus it is important to get some adult interaction as days on end with just a baby to talk to can make you a bit down.

Be prepared for poonamis with changes of clothes.

First feed transfer, will be back later.

Susieloo Mon 04-Feb-13 22:42:28

Think I have a poorly baby, very unsettled and major screaming during his bath which is unusual, think that formula is making him constipated and its hurting his tummy, he's been awake twice and just had some milk but I think it could be a long night......

Susieloo Mon 04-Feb-13 22:44:15

Just caught up funch with your hospital trip that must have been really scary, hope baby funch is doing okay now.

MissingMyMarbles Mon 04-Feb-13 22:45:34

All that virtual cake this way purleasegrin Every Monday I try and be so good than completely fall of the diet wagon because I am so hungry all the time!! It had got to stop though, as I feel so fat and am dreading my training day tomorrow. I've had nearly every item of clothing that hardly fits on and look fat and frumpy in everything sad I've resorted to a maternity dress with a forgiving ruched front in black, ruched some more to a shorter length, leggings, also black, tan below the knee boots and a tan long cardigan to cover the whole lot up DM is here - yay! Missmarbles behaved beautifully this afternoon so hopefully will behave beautifully all day tomorrow confused Calpol tonight though because she has been pulling at her earssad

Nice to see you Susie. My DH would also get himself into all kinds of troublegrin

Never heard the no feed rule either, MrsN. Like Heff says though, hue would they even know? I bet you and little N love it grin Glad counselling was beneficial. I also wax and hate being hairy, but I bet no one notices; I never notice how hairy anyone else is, only that I could plait my own armpit hairsgrin

LOVE fish finger sandwiches, Amey grin Hope you have a better night.

Right, I'm off to set the alarm hmm as I have to be away by 8am. No doubt will be seeing you in the wee small hours and will need matchsticks on the training day, which sounds horrendously boring even for the non-sleep-deprived.

funchum8am Tue 05-Feb-13 00:25:36

thanks everyone for kind words re A&E visit - it was scary when I first saw the rash but actually by the time the doc said to undress her I was more terrified it would have vanished and I would look like a nutter!

stitch huge thanks for sahd tips, I will pass them on!

heff yes please to a load of cake. Everyone, I am taking up heff's kind offer of an hour's respite tomorrow morning and I want everyone to know how grateful I am smile smile smile MNers can be so very lovely.

susie I hope babyloo is ok and ear pulling is just tiredness, or the calpol stops whatever the cause is.

amey you sound how I feel. I guess I should come take babybee sometime and pay forward heff's favour to me...where are you again?? grin

First feed here since bed at 7, have ignored a couple of grizzles and she went back to sleep earlier so the self settling lesson may be working (though sad that it is not 'no-cry' the way we seem to be doing it....she wakes up more fully if I go in!). Her two later naps and bedtime today were all boob and dummy free so I have stuck to my guns but she has just dropped off on boob so now have to wake her before transfer....sad

Sprinkling sleepy dust....

funchum8am Tue 05-Feb-13 00:26:22

marbles I know how you feel re wardrobe issues....hugs.

MissingMyMarbles Tue 05-Feb-13 01:24:44

Thanks, Funch thanks

I had only just dropped off myself after thinking about work, DM looking after Missmarbles tomorrow, losing weight ROTC when Missmarbles woke me. Then all singing all dancing (literally) transfer fails began. Been up an hour already. I could cry. I really needed her to sleep well tonight. Trying to mesmerise her with my phone again, and it works. Must get a light show.

MissingMyMarbles Tue 05-Feb-13 01:25:36

Etc was autocorrected to ROTC hmm

MissingMyMarbles Tue 05-Feb-13 01:49:22

Just bought light show of eBay grin Hope it works! Poor lamb though, she can hardly breathe, so snuffly and unsettled. She's letting out little sobs in her sleep (on me). Apart from ear pulling and illuminous snot, she's been ok in herself throughout the day. I hope she stays asleep although I am a little scared to risk another transfer fail after the last fifty billion......

funchum8am Tue 05-Feb-13 02:36:43

I was wondering what ROTC was! I have been there on the night before I am due at work thinking pleeeeaase, tonight, some sleep. But actually being at work has tended to see me manage ok. How it will be when I am back full time is another matter however sad . At least if the training is so boring you drop off, you have an excuse....what will everyone else's be?!

Susieloo Tue 05-Feb-13 02:38:46

2nd feed of the night and think I've been spoiled over the last few nights as feel really tired, hoping he will go through until gone 5.30. Hope your transfer fails were successful in the end marbles

BrainGoneAwol Tue 05-Feb-13 02:44:05

heff Lemon drizzle backside!! I know I'm a bit sleep deprived, but that did make me laugh grin. One day I am going to write a post that he all the auto 'correcs' left in, to see what I end up with hmm
Thank you for the cake though. I had chocolate and banana bread and butter pudding cake at a cafe yesterday and it was amazing!

mrsn I'm sure the swimming will be fun and there will be plenty of other hairy legs. I actually dreamt about mine the other day they're so hairy and bothering me, so you're not alone.

amey sorry you're having a rubbish time. Hope tonight is better.

marbles hope the transfer worked...

Hello to everyone else. Sorry to stop namechecking. Babybrain has fallen asleep so I should too. Calpoled him in desperation as this is the third wake already tonight. Poor lil boy sad

Transfer attempt...

Susieloo Tue 05-Feb-13 02:47:46

Anyone else's baby sleep with a muslin/blanket across their face? I know it's breathable and I've cut it in half so it's less likely to get doubled over but I take it of him when he's asleep and wondering if I should just leave it.

This thread is not accepting new messages.