How to stay awake during night feeds part 7 - put in your orders for sleepy dust!

(1000 Posts)

Can't believe we are on part 7! and I'm still here

Welcome one and all smile

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 03:17:51

Sorry for absence all, babybrain has been waking every 1-1.5 hours so I've been too comatose to log in.

larle so glad things are ok - that must have been scary <hugs>

Going to comment on posts but can't remember who asked the questions- sorry!

Babybrain has also never really recovered from 3 month growth spurt. I find myself saying "he normally wakes twice..." but have realised that hasn't been normal for ages! Finally saw the Dr who said his eardrums are a bit pink - probably due to his cold/cough but he is likely over the worst now. He's also not feeding well in the day so I wonder if he's making up at night hmm Also starting to get cross at his inability to move. Sigh.

marbles that makes complete sense. I'm also ebf and have mixed feelings about bottles. Went feeding is going well in the day I love bf and wouldn't want him bottle fed, but sometimes when I want a life or some sleep I'd do anything for him to take a bottle. So far he refuses so I'm working on a doidy cup which he mostly tries to eat

Transfer fails for us are waking within 5 mins of being put back in bed. He never lies in bed all quiet. He's either talking so loudly we can't sleep next door with both doors shut or wailing. Usually he's ok at initial transfer though that's also getting worse he just wakes soon after.

About to try. Sorry to those I've missed. Sleepy dust or brew as appropriate.

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 04:00:08

Ha - shouldn't have said usually!
Don't dare let babybrain cry as we're driving to Devon tomorrow from London and dp will have to do it all as I'd be a liability. hmm

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 05:22:26

Oh up again! No idea what is up with this boy... confused

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 06:17:53

Ah. Now I know. shock

How can such a small baby contain so much poo?! It was up to his neck!! His neck!

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 07:09:58

On the plus side having played, squealed and giggled for the last 45 mins he appears to be going back to sleep... Right-o. hmm

MrsNPattz Sat 23-Feb-13 08:06:35

Up time here at half 7 so not too bad!

Hope you manage to sleep some more brain!

larlemucker Sat 23-Feb-13 08:10:28

brain thats impressive!! Baby larle slept so much better last night, I put a muslin in his cot that I had put down my top!! Seems to have worked!!
Only up for 2 mammoth feeds but then he went back down inbetween AND there's been nothing in his wee overnight <sigh of relief emoticon>

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 10:04:27

That's great larle and really good that all seems well smile

How civilised mrsn!

Babybrain woke up again at 8.30 but dp took him. He did another huge poo. Apparently to his shoulder blades this time as he was sitting. Lovely. He's just now had a bath grin. No more pear for him. Think that must have been the reason...

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 10:07:05

On second thoughts one useful thing is I know what to give him if he gets constipated grin

funchum8am Sat 23-Feb-13 11:04:25

Marbles hope you start feeling better soon, I do know how you feel sad. I wish I had managed to ebf until she was weaned but discovered that I am, in fact, not up to it without a break! Maybe if she slept better I would have managed it though. If we have another one I will try again...

Those of you who have bf'ed beyond the weaning stage, have you expressed milk for in cereal etc, or just used formula? Or can you give them cow's milk once they are weaned? Babyfunch is 20 weeks so we will be weaning in the next month to six weeks and while DH will be doing the majority of organising it all, I need to know what's what too.

Large really glad you are getting some normal wee!

Brain your night sounds awful and also horribly familiar to me! Huge waves of sympathy!

We had a better night - DH set an alarm for 12:30 to get bottle ready but switched it off and promptly fell asleep again so she first woke at 1:30 and he fed her, then she woke at 3:30 and I gave bone la and put Ewan on, then again at 4:30 and I fed her. Then lots of wakings from then til 6:45 so I fed her again and DH brought her downstairs so I could get some more sleep. So feeling ok on my last weekend before return to work smile And have just had my hair done so feeling a bit more presentable. I must get back into the habit of wearing mascara and checking what I look like before I leave the house!!! And not to get dressed til I have fed her and held her for the last time before I leave home in case she is sick on me grin

funchum8am Sat 23-Feb-13 11:05:31

Doh, large means larle and bone la means bonjela in that last post!

Ameybee Sat 23-Feb-13 12:13:04

Another shocking sleepless night here sad I'm losing the will. Seeing the PIL today & they want us to stay over, I wasn't keen just because its such hard work staying away from home but DH thinks they want to spend more time with us so we are staying - wish me luck! Baby bee getting very frustrated that he can't sit - this is all he wants to do. Will not lie down on mat at all sad x

MrsNPattz Sat 23-Feb-13 15:07:55

Amey good luck! Maybe you will get a break??

I saw friends this morning, then was a very good Weight Watcher - had my lunch before we went to the pub then watched hubby, dad and brother eat burgers while I drank water blush

I have made a GP appointment for Wed, you guys must think I'm always there!! But I just don't feel right. I'm so tired, no energy, feel like I've lost my personality, irritable. It doesn't feel normal. So will see what they say!

amey I am with you on that. I am desperate for more than three hours in a whole night.
marbles hope things are looking up.
mrsn good luck with the gp.
Sorry to miss people...

funchum8am Sat 23-Feb-13 16:48:19

Mrsn right spoke to friend who had teeth out and she said it was basically exhaustion that kept her off work, rather than pain. She had all four out under GA though, not sure if you had GA or not. I really hope GP can help, it sounds really rubbish.

Goat so sorry to hear nights are still so bad for you, sending you a sympathy tsunami! And brew.

Babyfunch has learned to suck her thumb so has begun to self settle more quickly, so far less pre-nap/sleep crying. However today she has been sleeping loads and we have just put her down for an unheard of fourth nap as she was crying and seemed sooo tired...hope she is not ill! Or indeed up all night....sad

funchum8am Sat 23-Feb-13 16:49:17

Amey plenty of sympathy tsunami for you too, can PILs help with night duty so you can get a break? Or can DH do some as presumably he isn't working tomorrow? sad brew thanks

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sat 23-Feb-13 18:21:49

brain your mini series of posts made me laugh! How is it that they can poo upwards?! Babylump got it in her ears once, although that was a spectacularly messy and unusually big one.

larle glad to hear babylarle seems better, must have been worrying.

marbles I know what you mean about bottles/formula, I'm the same. I think its the implication that I'm not needed that would upset me, which is ridiculous because it would mean I could sleep more but I'm a glutton for punishment confused Also after the fantastic success of babylump's first bottle of ebm in January she's refused all attempts since so no idea what to do now anyway!

I started writing this post about 9am this morning, going to stop now as no doubt the thread's moved on since then!

Ameybee Sat 23-Feb-13 18:50:52

Thanks for brew and sympathy! Just putting babybee to bed.

Unfortunately PIL do not do early mornings (mil considers 8am early!!!) so will be just us as usual!

We have been invited to a 3 course black tie meal/dinner dance bday party for some old family friends (who co-incidentally are now millionaires - wtf do you buy a millionaire for their bday???!) its on 5th April - how much weight do you think I can lose between now and then???

Sleepy dust all! X

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 19:48:12

Poo in her ears?! heff you have a talented girl. wink

amey tricky question. Are you in London? (I'm a bit forgetful!) If you are, what about these people http://www.unrealcityaudio.co.uk/
A friend went on the coffee tour and said it was great. Definitely unique!

So, I have a fed and sleeping babybrain on me and I'm looking at the new travel cot with dread. How am I going to get him in that without waking him?! It's got such high sides! confused

BrainGoneAwol Sat 23-Feb-13 20:59:35

www.unrealcityaudio.co.uk

Oops. Link didn't do it's thing.

Transfer fail. Trying not to be pessimistic about how much sleep I'm going to get this week. sad

larlemucker Sat 23-Feb-13 23:05:21

amey, brain hope you get some sleep tonight.
I'm in the bad books tonight, Dh a bit peeved as he wanted to spend tonight snuggled up on the sofa watching a film, instead we ended up at opposite sides of the room (baby larle wouldn't sleep so needed to sit in the chair to feed him) and I fell asleep half way through film, whoops!!

Buckets of sleepy dust to everyone

BrainGoneAwol Sun 24-Feb-13 01:26:21

Well, dp did a wake and trf pre-midnight which was a 5 min job and babybrain has just woken at 1am. Much better than I was expecting considering he's in a new cot and strange room. I did remember to wrap an old feeding muslin over the mattress so maybe that helped - thank you larle for the reminder.

Hoping it's another 4 hour gap before he feeds again.

It is funny how dh/dp get annoyed with us because the baby demands our attention... As if we wouldn't rather be cuddling as well!

Hope you're all doing ok

MrsNPattz Sun 24-Feb-13 01:59:41

First feed, Ewan woke me at 20 past beeping, then little man followed not beeping

Hope there is lots of sleepy dust tonight!

Funch, thanks that's interesting. I only had one out using LA so it probably shouldn't be effecting me - if it is that. Glad you are enjoying your last weekend before work! How do you feel about returning?

larlemucker Sun 24-Feb-13 02:35:07

Second feed here, think we're going to have a night of hourly waking.
Dh has said he'll take baby larle tonight if he is up every hour, would love him too but considering he is lying next to me snoring and baby larle was crying in cot I can't see it happening. How do they sleep through it??

Ameybee Sun 24-Feb-13 02:44:15

confused Been in bed since 930 and still haven't slept sad. Just given calpol plus another bottle and praying to god I can get some sleep this is why I wanted to stay at home tonight I find it hard to sleep somewhere else, even when I don't have a baby waking me constantly.

Baby bees nose seems to get blocked, but only at this time of night?? He's been fine all day. Don't understand it.

I'm absolutely knackered, my eyes are stinging n head aches.

Sorry for moan x

This thread is not accepting new messages.