How to stay awake during night feeds part 7 - put in your orders for sleepy dust!

(1000 Posts)

Can't believe we are on part 7! and I'm still here

Welcome one and all smile

Pinkponiesrock Thu 14-Feb-13 21:38:20

Evening all, just about recovered from my trip home yesterday, a lot of gin would have helped but don't think baby pink would be too happy.

Absolutely horrendous night too last night, woke at 3 and that was it for the rest of the night sad sad moved all of our bedroom furniture round today as baby pink is going into her cot tonight, sniff sniff. She likes to land planes and do sign language in her 'sleep' but gets grumpy when her arms hit the side of the basket. Ordered a Ewan today too as a few people have said he is good so fingers crossed he helps baby pink settle during the night or my little darling might find herself outside with some real life Ewans in our pet lamb pen

larle I'm not very good at expressing either also too lazy but the mornings are when I find it easiest.

mrsn hope the tooth doesn't give you too much bother, I've got the dentist next week. I'm going to make sure they look at me very throughly, I want max benefit from my exemption card! I sent you a PM, did you get it?

susie swimming will be great, it does sound like a logistical nightmare but its fine once you are there. The staff at our mum and baby swimming are great and so helpful, I'm sure yours will be too.

Wishing everyone else a good night with lots of zzzzzzz's.

Stitch not well at all today and has been like a limpet on my leg. She also tried to climb the bookcase today and got on the sofa when I had my back turned!

My FIL was admitted to hospital with pneumonia today,.but luckily he hasn't got water on his lungs so hopefully some iv fluids and rest will sort him out.

Bless DH he bought me a rose home for Valentine's, we don't bother normally so it was a nice surprise smile

Glad to hear your tooth extraction went well MrsN, enjoy gypsy weddings!

Stitch is 1 next weekend jemima, she is the oldest on this thread I think.

Susie sorry enjoy water babies tomorrow, hope your dp pulls his finger out and makes it up to you.

Good news Chilli about the formula, hope one of them is the right one for babychilli.

Pink good to hear you are all home in one piece. My tip for a better night's sleep in the cot is to put your worn pyjama top over the mattress, worked for both of mine. They like to smell you nearby, makes them feel safe. Don't know about Ewan, but I have found Stitch's Prince LionHeart Bear (similar thing without glowing) to be a real help at keeping her sleeping for longer.

Larle is it me or has Asda got more expensive? Did an online shop the other day and for the money I spent I was shocked at how little we got.

Heff your day sounds fun, I wanted to make biscuits with dd1 today, but Stitch has been too clingy.

Stitch is asleep after 3 transfer fails and being woken up by dd1. I am hoping she can sleep a bit now.

<Waves to everyone else and blows sleepy dust around>

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Fri 15-Feb-13 00:15:20

First waking since bedtime, I'd just dropped off myself too sad its like they have some sort of sensor!

Lol chilli that made me chuckle smile

larle I'm enjoying it, my DF thought it was terrible but I did try to explain to him he probably wasn't quite the intended audience. Its on itv player so you can catch up. My friend got tickets to the tour from her DH for valentines day, I am a little envy

Gotto attempt transfer now, dozing off mid feed almost, fingers crossed I can get away with a quick one.

Pinkponiesrock Fri 15-Feb-13 02:45:07

Up for 2nd feed here, hoping baby pink goes back to sleep easily as I'm soooo tired sad

stitch she has old T-shirt to lie on at the moment however she has spent the night in our bed so far. Thank goodness for mega bed, it's super duper massive so plenty room for 3 smile

Away to try and get babypink to transfer somewhere, anywhere except on me!

Ameybee Fri 15-Feb-13 03:10:58

Having another crap night sad had a bit of a cry as I'm getting so fed up of getting so little sleep. Surely at 5 months on formula he should be doing better than this, I just don't get it sad.
X

Pinkponiesrock Fri 15-Feb-13 03:26:38

Transfer fail sad Nappy change, walked around the house, played in cot, still wide awake. Nothing more annoying as she isn't grumpy just not asleep. Back feeding again while listening to white noise app to see if that produces any sleeping.

Seems quite quiet from the everyone else, hope that means there is lots of good sleeping going on. What I wouldn't give to have my sleeping through baby pink back, from about 5 weeks until 11ish weeks she slept between 6 and 8 hours a night so she can do it!!

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Fri 15-Feb-13 03:52:44

Second feed, dd1 came in with us about 3ish and I thought would wake babylump but luckily she didn't stir until now. Wonder if we'll be lucky enough to go back down quickly after this feed <desperate crossing of fingers>

amey so sorry you're having another bad one. He will improve, hang on in there xx

<waves> to everyone, bleary eyes not helping me tonight so signing off nowxx

Second feed here tonight, little spud kicked up a fuss for this one. Must...stay....awake

BrainGoneAwol Fri 15-Feb-13 05:22:43

Sorry for radio silence. Internet signal is really iffy in babybrain's room.
Have just finished catching up on posts and now time to try transfer.

Sleepy dust to you all

larlemucker Fri 15-Feb-13 06:25:12

Morning all, Internet signal been dodgy tonight so haven't been on. Baby larle just finished second feed, had massive screaming fit at 1am so glad he is managing to sleep. Think he knows I'm leaving him with DS in the morning while I have my hair done. It'll be the first time I've left him for longer than an hour, worried about it but also looking forward to the break and the pampering!!

Not sure if Asda getting more expensive as not used to buying nappies etc!!!

Will try and download big reunion tomorrow.

Amey do you have any family or friends who could take baby bee for a few hours do you can get some none interrupted sleep?

Sorry to hear of bad nights. We offer up ours to the mix. Cried/screamed/grizzled and threw himself round the bed from 11 till 4, took an hour's break and started again at 5. Is now asleep on me (wont be put down without starting up again). Just said to DH that if he comes home tonight and finds the champagne has disappeared from the fridge, not to be surprised...
We are supposed to go to a class this morning. Not sure am awake enough.

Sorry mrsn glad the tooth went ok. Speedy recovering!

funchum8am Fri 15-Feb-13 07:09:45

welcome monstermash!

mrsn so glad the tooth came out ok, you must be relieved that is over!

chili grin at wet books!

pink I am envious of your huge bed!

goat feeling your pain re bad night. Hope you fluffed the champagne!
susie you look fabulous in the fb photos, I thought that too smile You sound like a girl after my own heart with the wine appreciation grin

Terrible night here, just like the old days sad. Think it might be my fault though as have got a bit obsessed with the idea that she will sleep longer if full, so have been bfing and then doing a formula top up, but last night heated the bottle too much (doh) so gaffes about for ages with her on my lap waiting for it to cool, then aborted mission and transferred her...cue waking every hour and screaming. I couldn't face the overheating cock up again so kept trying to give her a room temp bottle which just mafe her cross.

Especially annoying as today is dh's last day at work and my last KIT day so we are both knackered! DH feels a bit weird - this will be the first time he has not gone back to school after a holiday since he was 4! His degree was primary education so was organised around school holidays too...bless him!

I have today at work then half term so not a full on school week facing me, but kind of my first day back today. Must enjoy having time to prepare lessons as I am not teaching today but will reap the whirlwind after half term for sure, it will be hectic!

MrsNPattz Fri 15-Feb-13 08:33:10

Morning all - good night again here!! And mouth is a lot better today. Sorry there were more bad nights - I hope you can nap today!

Pink yes I did thank you, I only got it this morning so I have replies now smile

Lol thanks so much for the advice Larle grin

Welcome Monster!

We have baby group this morning, going to walk there. Then a doing nothing afternoon, Yey!

MrsNPattz Fri 15-Feb-13 08:55:39

Small how is your mum now? And Heff your sister?

BrainGoneAwol Fri 15-Feb-13 09:19:28

Welcome monster

Gah, funch it's so frustrating when you make a mistake or make the wrong decision in a sleepy state and it has consequences. I can't count the number of times I have decided to change babybrain or try to get wind out in the night and it's woken him instead of helped the situation.

mrsn well done on the night. Going to stop there in case of jinxing.

Night wasn't so bad though babybrain took over two hours to settle at the start which isn't like him. Dp and I ended up eating supper in shifts which wasnt really our valentine plan!

Got to dash - looking at a possible nursery for when I go back to work and I currently look like I've crawled out of a hole in the ground grin

Pinkponiesrock Fri 15-Feb-13 10:02:49

Morning all, not too bad a night once baby pink went back to sleep at 3am.
funch bottles do seem such a faff when you are not in the way of it, I'm a bad mummy and any bottles we need go in the microwave, I know that room temp milk takes 20'secs in our microwave and from the fridge it takes 45 secs! However boob is so much easier, just wish that daddies had them too. For feeding babies obviously, I don't have a strange man boob fetish!
By the time you get up to 3 DCs you need mega bed, all 7 foot of it smile smile

heff I'm loving the reunion too, we must all be from the same era smile

chilli I hope your new formula is the start of good sleeping for you.
larle nappies are disgustingly expensive, DS2 is still in nappies so some weeks I come out the supermarket having spent £50 on nappies for him and baby pink! Makes me feel a bit ill..... X

Hope everyone had a nice valentines day, my 6yo made his 'girlfriend' a card and got daddy to help him get a rose from the florist yesterday, far too cute. He got a handmade card in return and sweeties from his little beau! Clever girl has obviously got boys sussed already, always thinking about their tummies smile

Heading out to lunch with daddy pink today and the 2 littlest ones. Fri is my day at home to catch up, pahaha! So far I have drunk tea, watched Peppa pig, fed baby x100 and played on phone, ridiculously productive I am!

Just noticed I obviously hate a smiley!!

<waves>
Thank you for the warm welcome thanks

Ameybee Fri 15-Feb-13 13:45:19

DM took had babybee dumped on her at 7am and me and DH got another hour. Feel like crap tho & have friends coming to stay for weekend, really not feeling like entertaining at all sad .

I think he had tummy ache last night & finally had poonami at 5am confused was everywhere. I am feeling pretty low about the sleep situation today sad x

Susieloo Fri 15-Feb-13 16:21:18

Totally sympathise amey, its soul destroying sometimes and relentless the rest, it gets to me too, dp is on night feeds tonight after last nights disastrous valentines night, I ended up having two glasses of red wine but in a fit of pique I drank them out of a plastic beaker-I've told him not to bother getting anything now but I'll be pissed off if he doesn't!!

Water babies was amazing!!! I felt totally knackered afterwards and fully expected babyloo to fall immediately to sleep in his pram on the way home but he's still awake now which means it will be a long hour until bath and bed time, v looking forward to a vino later and going to stay at my friends tomorrow night is going to be amazing, I'll probably be in bed by nine!!

Welcome mash smile

Welcome Monstermash smile

Stitch woke again between 2 and 3am, and again at 5.30am and then up at 7.30am along with dd1. She has been really clingy today and is dripping large quantities of drool and mucus everywhere. We have been out to playground this afternoon followed by the supermarket to by chocolate chips for our cookies. Just took them out of the oven, it is one giant cookie where they all ran together. More than enough to go around smile

Sorry to hear of bad nights funch, Brain and Amey.

Right got to go round up the guinea pigs, they are out in the hallway enjoying the grass we picked at the park.

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Fri 15-Feb-13 19:18:26

larle how was your hair appointment, hope you got a nice relaxing few hours.

mrsn my sister isn't great but she's been relatively stable since last week's dramatics, she's staying with my grandad at the moment as he's not well and needs constant help and I think having that to focus on has been a good thing. We're waiting to hear from her MH team about family appointments and support for us in learning how to deal with it all. Thanks for asking smile

pink your DS sounds so cute! Very jealous of 7ft bed; a massive bed is top of my list when we move, the more kiddos I can fit in it the better!

stich one giant choc chip cookie, yum grin all you need now is a massive mug of brew to dunk it in.

funch how was work today? Have we only got a week left of your company on the thread before DH takes over nightimes?

Welcome monstermash sorry if you've already said, how old is your LO?

brain what did you think of the nursery?

amey really hope you get a better night tonight, good that your DM was able to give you a little break.

Glad you enjoyed water babies susie, hopefully a good night will follow!

<waves> to everyone else, and wine for anyone in need!

Dentist today was good and bad. Good because dd1 was a little star and actually seemed to really enjoy showing her (and Teddy's) teeth off so I was a proud mummy for that bit. Bad because it turns out I need root canal work on the tooth with the dodgy filling I had the other month and also my two bottom wisdom teeth are growing actually horizontally shock so I've got to go to the hospital and have them taken out sad mrsn was it honestly ok when you had yours? I'm terrified of the dentist, feel sick at the thought of all this now!

Right, babylump appears to be asleep, here endeth my longest and probably only coherent post of the night. Sleepy dust to all xx

BrainGoneAwol Fri 15-Feb-13 19:34:18

heff grin to baby lump showing off her teddy's teeth!

The nursery was really good. They do some excellent things like having an open door policy for parents so you can drop in anytime send you know they are not just putting on a good front. Obviously they are over subscribed (where isn't?!) so we're now waiting to see if they offer us a place <fingers crossed emote>

Putting babybrain to bed as we have been trying out a new 7pm bed time...

MrsNPattz Fri 15-Feb-13 20:00:49

Very impressive name checks there Heff! Yes it was honestly ok, the worst bit was the injections for the anaesthetic - the tooth was out in seconds! They were so lovely as well, and it has been nowhere near as bad as I thought today - forgotten I had it out most of the time. It's a horrible thought but you will be ok! Can't comment on root canal though blush anyone? Glad your sister has something to focus on, although not that your grandad is unwell! How old is he? Mine is 90 this year, and he amazes me!

Susie so glad you liked Water Babies! It's amazing seeing their little faces in the water isn't it smile

A lady came to our class this morning to talk about the library, I think we might join and they do a book bug class so might try that too.

Hope your day at work went ok Funch!

Pinkponiesrock Fri 15-Feb-13 21:38:41

Baby pink is asleep, I am shocked!! She never usually goes down until 11pm usually later so having a cup of tea in bed, thanks to DH, then going to join baby pink snoring!

heff our bed is a bespoke bed, best money I have ever spent smile as I don't get anywhere near enough time in it between all the DC and being on midwife duties for all our expectant mummies on the farm then I like to make the most of every second I get in bed. I second the impressive name checking, I'm always having to scroll back up to remember what everyone said! Well done to DD at the dentist, teddy too smile

brain it makes such a difference if you get a nursery that you feel good about, DS1&2 were at a lovely nursery and it certainly made going to work easier.

amey hope you are feeling a bit better and that your DM enjoyed her time with LO.

Welcome monster

Going to go now as I'm sure baby pink will wake up as soon as I become horizontal and there is no lie in for us tomorrow as DS1 has rugby training at 9.30am.

This thread is not accepting new messages.