How to stay awake during night feeds part 7 - put in your orders for sleepy dust!

(1000 Posts)

Can't believe we are on part 7! and I'm still here

Welcome one and all smile

Hello everyone. Sorry for having neglected you all of late - had a truly horrible, horrible week sad on several fronts, and the sleep deprivation didn't help. Kid has been sleeping well until about 2:30 in the morning, then either staying awake or waking every 20 mins or so. Graciously deigns to have half an hour or so at 7 am, just enough time for me to sort bottles etc for the day. HOWEVER! Last night was better, and we made it to 5 am with three previous wakings before he decided to go for his circus routine. I feel like I can actually function today. Fingers crossed...
There has been so much going on in the thread that I don't have a hope of name checking, so waves to everyone and vows to keep up better. smile

Ameybee Fri 08-Feb-13 08:10:35

Well we only had one night feed at 3am but sadly several wakings. I don't get it sad if he doesn't need a feed why can't he just sleep?!? I might try swimming. He's still doing most of his feeding at night, I started a thread & someone suggested swimming & activities to make him more hungry in the day & also feeding him in a quiet dark room - bit hard with DD around. If he actually slept in the cot between feeds it would be amazing... Sigh.

Hope baby small is better soon. Funch - amazing night for you, hope its start of things to come!

Mrsn - I'm sure you will be fine to go to group.

Sorry not to name check more! X

Smallgreenone Fri 08-Feb-13 08:48:44

amey we have several night wakings and only one feed too. Last night was worse because of his snotty nose but he wakes other than that anyway but isn't hungry confused. Sounds like you've had great success funch perhaps i need to toughen up and follow your lead. I know he can fall asleep on his own because he does every night at bedtime but he just won't for the rest of the night and this talking at 3am is his latest trick!
Baby small got me up at 5.30 and is now in his pram asleep. He was in with me stitch so couldn't raise the end but his pram is slightly tilted so he's happy in there for now. Hope you got some sleep too stitch,your night sounds tough.

MissingMyMarbles Fri 08-Feb-13 11:16:03

I don't know why she isn't sleeping. I've given up trying to figure it out sad unless it is another tooth as things did get a worse then better again with the last one. Basically, I slept in the sleeping bag in the chair because she kept waking up. Only actually fed at 11, 2 and 4 (that's all I remember anyway). She settled with cuddles and head stroking the other times, and sometimes just with the rain noise. Light show would be great but she mainly kept her eyes closed hmm I lost count of transfer fails between 11 and 2 but we eventually got to settling in the cot. To say I slept in the chair I actually don't feel too bad. She's asleep on me ATM. Tying to get her to have a really long nap in the hope shell have an improved night but going to DBro's this afternoon so no idea what's going to happen.....

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Fri 08-Feb-13 17:10:31

Hi all sorry I've missed the last couple of nights, partly she has been quite good and partly been too bleary eyed to keep up.

funch and susie fantastic to hear both LOs have been so good the last few nights, really hope that's a sign of more good things to come!

goat that sounds awfully draining you poor thing, if I'd known I could have come over with extra coffee and cake for you. Hope kid is nicer to you tonight.

mrsn hope the cold doesn't last too long, being ill is so much worse when you can't just take yourself off to bed. I second the advice up thread, hot lemon & honey with a pinch of ginger <yum> and a hot steamy bath if you can get the time to yourself.

Lovely day today, went to a new toddler group locally which was fantastic, dd1 had a brilliant time and babylump was good as gold just sat on my hip running around after her big sister. I think I'm the tiredest now though!

Briefing the sleepy mice for lots of good sleeps tonight, see you all later xx

MrsNPattz Fri 08-Feb-13 19:32:05

I was feeling totally drained tonight - feel like I haven't had hubby to help for ages as he's been here, there and everywhere and I cried when I dropped my plate with my tea on it all over the floor BUT just seeing little man giggling in the bath (video on FB) totally makes it all worthwhile smile god he makes me so proud! So I am feeling exhausted and rotten but I have a happy heart smile so soppy

Thanks Heff, I know it's totally draining when you can't just curl up in bed but it's only a cold - not like it's man flu or anything blush lol missed you!

It's the wedding tomorrow, kind of looking forward to it but I won't be drinking which puts a bit of a downer on it. Will be putting pics on FB of little man in his kilt grin

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Fri 08-Feb-13 20:09:09

Bit later than usual but bedtime here for the DCs. DH took us out for a drink when he got home from work so usual bedtime routine abandoned in favour of apple juice & quavers for dd1, Pinot Grigio for me, and an ice cube in a muslin cloth for babylump grin

mrsn that video is utterly adorable, made me smile so much your little man really does love his bath time doesn't he!

Hope the poorly babies are a bit better tonight, it must be so rotten being tiny and full of cold.

Transfer coming up, crossing fingers for success as I'm ravenous and want my dinner!

MrsNPattz Fri 08-Feb-13 21:02:48

Waves to Goat - sorry you are having a tough time!

smile Heff

Bedtime here, I wonder what time I will be posting tonight?? Half 7 in the morning when my alarm goes off cause I'm getting a blow dry I hope

larlemucker Fri 08-Feb-13 21:41:53

Evening all, on app tonight for first time so hope it doesn't swallow posts. Baby larle just had massive screaming fit and wouldn't latch so have a feeling it could be a bad night.
And we're off again hmm

larlemucker Fri 08-Feb-13 23:11:05

Hope you got your tea heff
Baby larle now asleep with his head in my cleavage (dh v jealous!) I love snuggling with him but I can't sleep like this and I'm knackered!!
Hello to all, hope you all sleep well tonight. No cake to offer but did bake carrot and coriander bread today if anyone fancies something savoury

funchum8am Sat 09-Feb-13 00:03:38

goat say the word and I am there if you need anything (once we are home on Sunday). really sorry to hear life is being hard on yousad

Am in Stratford on Avon for babyfunch's baptism tomorrow....fully expecting to be struck with a thunderbolt as DH always says as I am such an unbeliever, but loads of family and friends coming probably in anticipation of thunderbolt spectacle so really looking forward to it.

FIL excelled himself tonight in front of my DM so I had a witness: "When are you going back to work?". me "25th feb, not long now". Him "Ah, so all you have to do now is lose some weight". shock He got quite a lecture!!

glad you got a night out Heff even if it involved working out what a pub could best serve a teething baby!

mrsn I will check out the bath vid!

larle I hope you have a better night than promised by earlier antics sad

larle that bread sounds scrummy! Hope baby larle gives you a break tonight.

heff mrsn funch thank you... I am feeling lighter, if a little worried that I will fall face first into our anniversary dinner tomorrow and attract the attention of the whole restaurant with loud snores!!

marbles I hope you are getting some sleep tonight.

Sleepy dust to all... Sorry still catching up on name checking!

Susieloo Sat 09-Feb-13 02:05:13

Evening all, babyloo still full of cold so has been up twice already. Dp meant to be on night duty but is being a knobhead so I'm doing it, carrot and coriander bread sounds amazing, he is snoring so I'm going to attempt some sleep.

larlemucker Sat 09-Feb-13 04:46:39

Goat I suggest plenty of coffee, hopefully that will get you through meal!!
Funch, can't wait to hear if thunder bolt appears!! I'm sure you'll have a lovely day tomorrow, and baby funch will be passed round so many people you'll be able to A. Have a drink using either hand and B. probably sleep very well!!
Baby larle just woken up, very surprised after earlier antics!
Sorry not to name check everyone, app doesn't let me see thread when replying and I have a crap memory at the moment!!!
Sprinkling sleepy dust

BrainGoneAwol Sat 09-Feb-13 05:26:24

After much crying before bed (babybrain not me, but only just!) we are on the second wake, so best sleep of the week with a whole 3 hours in one go! grin Last tooth we had two awful nights before it ssuddenly improved, so hoping we're nearly there.

mrsn sorry about your food. I think that would have tipped me over the edge. Thank goodness our little ones are so gorgeous to keep our sanity and remind us why we do it!

goat small marbles amey hope you've had better nights.

heff love the drinks order.

funch !! Hope dm gave fil an absolute roasting!

Babybrain has dropped off so attempting transfer. He's so gurgly. I wonder if it's all the drool (lovely!)

Does anyone know if there's a 6 month sleep regression? I'm being lazy in not looking it up, but sleep seems worse than just teeth. I'm beginning to worry that he's never going to get better, but I don't have the capacity to do anything other than try to cope night by night iyswim... I can't believe that always having 3-4 wakes a night is right at this age.

Anyway, going to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something constructive - get some sleep hopefully

Susieloo Sat 09-Feb-13 06:20:20

Babyloo up another twice after last post and now up for the day it would seem, brain I have just been sat here thinking that I really hope he has has such a bad night because of his cold and not some sort of sleep regression, I'm already looking forward to going to bed tonight and I've got 12 hours to get through yet!! Need brew so will make everyone one while I'm there.

Hello to everyone and hello goat if I haven't already said that and sorry things are rough for you. Hello small and larle.

Hello amey if you are around and marbles and chilli

Susieloo Sat 09-Feb-13 06:30:48

That's outrageous from your dfil funch!!!

funch have a lovely and non-thunderbolty day!

larle definitely coffee, the -stand-your-spoon-up-in-it type.

susie and brain I really sympathise on the bad nights. I with you in hoping it is a blip rather than a regression. Although they are now so seamlessly merging into one that I have no idea which regression we would be on... confused

Right. Nappy time. As always, Kid has waited for the fresh nappy before doing his morning poo.

Ameybee Sat 09-Feb-13 06:50:35

Goat hope your coffee helps! I could do with some!

We didn't have too badder night, big feed at 10 and he went till 3 with no cuddle wake ups virtually unheard of but we've co slept since 4 & he's half awake now - asleep in arms but screams if I sit down!

I gave him baby rice & pear yesterday - absolutely loved it!

Funch - that is harsh of FIL! I'd of had to bite my tounge very hard! X

MrsNPattz Sat 09-Feb-13 06:59:34

I have had 7 hours uninterrupted sleep tonight gringringrin feel like a different person! Little man woke me at 5:40 crying in his sleep, and I have been awake since then - had my shower and everything. Now he is awake feeding and I think that's him for the day. Getting my hair blow dried at 9 so had to be up early anyway.

Funch omg I would be so upset with my FIL if he was like that! You have the patience of a saint!!

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Sat 09-Feb-13 07:54:59

Hooray mrsn for a fantastic night's sleep! Have a really lovely time today at the wedding.

funch that really is an appallingly rude thing to say, was he apologetic later? Rude FIL apart, I hope you all have a wonderful day for baby funch's baptism.

brain not sure about 6 month sleep, I do remember dd1 at that age had me up about 3 times a night until she finally started sleeping through around 8 months. Hope things improve for you!

goat why do they always do that?! No matter how long its been since last change a fresh nappy is always met with a bit of a mess!

What's everyone else doing today? DH is taking us out he says, but I don't know where so hoping its good but not too energetic!

BrainGoneAwol Sat 09-Feb-13 08:03:33

goat agree. It feels like one long regression since 3.5 months.

amey glad you had a better night. Hope you get to sit down soon though!

mrsn that's amazing. Bit of an early start to the day... Hope you're not too tired later.

Babybrain woke at 6 after a last feed at 4 so I poked dp into seeing to him as it was too soon for more food. Meant I got another hour and a half. grin I feel much better, but dp is now collapsed in bed hmm.

Hope you all have good days

funchum8am Sat 09-Feb-13 09:10:23

Have been taking every opportunity to make pointed passive aggressive comments to FIL eg him "would you like to sit down?". me "no thanks, I am burning more calories by standing" grin . DH a bit embarrassed!! Think the message is getting through...

Sorry to hear of bad nights and male unhelpfulness in some cases angry. I must not be like that when I go back to work!

There just cannot be another sleep regression, it is simply not allowed!grin

Susieloo Sat 09-Feb-13 10:49:05

Have a good day funch!!

Dp has offered to do night feeds again tonight because I took over from one am this morning - the day suddenly feels much more manageable knowing I can have a gin and tonic whilst he is putting him to bed! wine

Smallgreenone Sat 09-Feb-13 19:02:34

Yay for a good night mrsn hope the wedding was good. Your piccies on Facebook are gorgeous.
Last night was the usual for us, one feed but loads of wakings for cuddles even when we co slept. I'm so tired. Going through one of my 'there is no light at the end of this tunnel days' I just don't see any progress in his sleep at all sad. I'm fed up of being permanently knackered, I know it's the same for all of us on here but some days I find it harder than others. Sorry for my moan. Off to order a takeaway and pour a glass of wine.
Hope all get some sleep.

This thread is not accepting new messages.