How much milk for 15lb baby?

(7 Posts)
FirstTimeForEverything Tue 29-Jan-13 16:25:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SamSmalaidh Tue 29-Jan-13 16:04:10

Babies usually need their weight in lbs x 2.5 = oz in formula, so roughly a 15lb baby would need 38oz a day. If she is downing 6oz bottles then definitely offer 7oz bottles.

bigfatguff Tue 29-Jan-13 16:00:47

My DD2 is same age and weight and has 5x 7oz a day. I try to do the penultimate feed of the day by 5.30pm so she is hungry when I wake her for final feed. I also change her nappy before 10.00pm feed to try and wake her up enough to drink it all. She drops back to sleep straight after.

5madthings Tue 29-Jan-13 15:53:19

Oh yes check teat size as well!

5madthings Tue 29-Jan-13 15:53:04

If she is draining her bottles I would add an oz to each feed and you can try a dream feed?

ellangirl Tue 29-Jan-13 15:51:26

Try it and see! A bf baby would demand more milk to be made, so by following your baby's lead you won't be over feeding, just keeping up with what she wants. Try 7 oz bottles through the day and see what happens. If she shows signs she doesn't want to finish it all, then she doesn't have to. Make sure that she is using the right number teat too- sometimes as they get older you need to switch to a faster flowing one otherwise they get too sleepy to finish the milk.

FirstTimeForEverything Tue 29-Jan-13 15:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now