6 week growth spurt/cluster feeding

(8 Posts)
shouldIbecrossaboutthis Tue 29-Jan-13 23:54:32

Off colour - could all 3 of you have a PJ day? Just as a one off? Curl up in bed and watch peppa pig/ben and holly etc on a laptop/ipad? Have a bed picnic? etc

You're doing an amazing job, it'll be over before you know it. My DS is 16 eeks now and it's gone amazingly fast smile

nillynoon Tue 29-Jan-13 21:54:26

The 6 week one is the worst - like the life is being sucked right out of you! It will pass though

Offcolour Tue 29-Jan-13 05:04:19

Well he slept pretty much all day today! No doubt he is getting his growing in and will gave doubled in size tomorrow'

Weissdorn Mon 28-Jan-13 08:03:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Offcolour Sun 27-Jan-13 23:17:29

Thanks! I breast fed dd to 20 months so I've done it before and I should know the script! Just forgot how hard it is at points, so relentless. And with two you can't just put on a box set and put your feet up!

chocoholic89 Sun 27-Jan-13 23:15:50

Ur doing a brill job bf! Only goes on for roughly a week! I no growth spurts are tirin my baby has jus had 1 too and it feels like your feedin all day n night but u no urself it passes. Keep up the goodwork :-)

VodkaRevelation Sun 27-Jan-13 23:11:13

It will definitely pass. I remember feeling exactly as you do now (my son is now 16 months old). It seemed neverending and such hard work but I managed to BF until he was 9 months old. It does get easier. You're doing an amazing job.

Offcolour Sun 27-Jan-13 23:06:49

Ds feeding every 30 mins -45 mins all day. Feels like I'm wringing every last drop from my poor boobs and nothing satisfies him. There's so little time between feeds there's hardly any milk each time and I don't think he's getting a decent feed ever so won't sleep during the day. I'm knackered, my boobs ache, my 2 yo dd is tantruming constantly... God it's killing me! Please remind me why I'm doing this and that it will be over soon! I know it's a normal growth spurt and he's just upping my supply but it's fucking tiresome nonetheless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now