Sleepy & refusing to latch 5 day old.

(11 Posts)
Curtsey Mon 28-Jan-13 09:54:55

Best of luck peppa. She sounds gorgeous. Hopefully the midwife visit will be helpful for you both.

gussiegrips Mon 28-Jan-13 09:52:28

Just popping in to see how you are getting on.

Wee wrinkly newborns, I find them the most exasperating things I've ever encountered. It's much easier once they can talk!

Hang in there, hope you are ok and being sooked dry.
x

Pleasenomorepeppa Mon 28-Jan-13 09:49:19

Thanks everyone. I'm pumping regularly & getting a good 30-50 mls.
She's feeding fine from the bottle & we've had lots of lovely cuddles.
I think she also has thrush. Her mouth is cottage cheesey. My MW is on her way now, so we'll see smile.

stargirl1701 Sun 27-Jan-13 22:14:48

Can you phone the unit where you gave birth? I was able to call 24 hours a day to our MLU for advice and we even popped in.

sittinginthesun Sun 27-Jan-13 20:47:26

My SIL had this a few weeks ago with her DC1.

We suggested she stripped the baby to her nappy, and she just took her to bed for 24 hours, lots of skin to skin. It did work.

Wereonourway Sun 27-Jan-13 20:45:17

My ds was jaundiced. Nicu staff advised to strip him off and tickle his fees to keep him alert. He was prem though.

Tbh I think I would seek expert advice, if you think your dc is jaundiced.

Nappies still wet is good. Agree with stripping her down to her nappy. Take her to bed and do some skin to skin. I'd be cautious about giving FF this early on as it can interrupt your supply and she may get nipple confusion. Has your milk come in?

Curtsey Sun 27-Jan-13 20:25:59

Bumping for you. Have you stripped her off to feed? That might wake her up enough to protest?

Pleasenomorepeppa Sun 27-Jan-13 15:15:18

There have been 2 wet nappies today. I think I'll express & formula her until my MW comes tomorrow.

gussiegrips Sun 27-Jan-13 14:29:53

In the olden days, when I had my babies, we were told not to let newborns go longer than 6 hours without a feed.

Phone la leche? NHS 24? Is she peeing ok?

Pleasenomorepeppa Sun 27-Jan-13 14:22:26

DD2 is 5 days old, had lovely if quick birth & all seemed fine.
i had latching & feeding issues with DD1 who also suffered from acidic & silent reflux.
DD2 has also had latching issues but I went to a BF group on Friday & they said that she was doing fine. My milk all's kicked in on Friday morning.
Yesterday we saw a Cranial Osteopath & he too was positive about everything
Since last night, DD2 has slept huge amounts 11.30pm-5am & pretty much all day. She won't latch on & hasn't fed now since about 9am (it's now 2.20pm) & is still asleep. I try to wake her up to eat but she just gets really sad & still won't latch.
She looks terribly jaundiced. She's making little gulping noises which I'm assuming are wind.
My MW can't come out until tomorrow. Should I just formula feed her until then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now