hungry baby milk

(5 Posts)
comixminx Wed 30-Jan-13 21:50:11

Also, you could find that the hungry baby milk makes your LO constipated: it did with my LO (rather older, as he's now five months old and this was a few weeks ago).

SirBoobAlot Mon 28-Jan-13 19:42:54

Honestly that sounds perfectly normal smile The first weeks are exhausting, but realistically you would probably be getting up around the same amount in the night to make a bottle up and feed her.

It is actually a 'good' thing for babies to feed at night, as prolactin levels are higher then, which is responsible for your milk supply.

The first few months are so tiring, but they will pass. You're doing brilliantly.

newmumtrying33 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:38:38

during the night she sleeps for between 2-3 hours but during the day she naps on and off, thanks for the advice i shall stick to the bf then as she is gaining weight and all seems to be good so far.

SirBoobAlot Sat 26-Jan-13 20:22:03

Hungry baby milk is not recommended for such small babies, and there is also no guaranteeing she would sleep any longer regardless. Do you mean she sleeps 2-3 hours between feeds? If so, this is actually perfectly normal at eight weeks old. Their stomach size is still very small.

newmumtrying33 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:08:22

my little one is 8 weeks old and has only ever been bf, I was wondering if i could give her some hungry baby milk at night to so that she sleeps a little longer. At the mo she sleeps for about 2-3 hours during the night but not always.... advice please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now