7wo projectile vomitting - worried

(3 Posts)
duplotractor Fri 25-Jan-13 16:20:37

Hi there. My 7wo ds has projectile vomitted up the contents of his last 2 feeds. He is now asleep and I am really worried about him.

I am abroad at the moment but could call the local hospital and try and see if I could take him in. But I am not sure if I am panicking or how serious this is. Would be very grateful for any advice.

AmberLeaf Fri 25-Jan-13 16:25:15

Im not in any way medically trained and I would always say if you are worried seek medical advice.

But, one of mine always did that when he had an ear infection. has he got a high temperature?

Id call and ask for advice if I were you.

LadyInPink Fri 25-Jan-13 16:30:02

I don't want to scare you but my baby did this and I went to get it checked out at a hospital and she had such a severe bowel blockage (intussusception) that she need an op. She had jelly like blood in her nappy but that wasn't discovered at first it was the projectile, and i mean literally spurted across the room that made me think it was serious - it was. If in doubt check it out. The nurses on the phone weren't any good as they diagnosed a vomitting bug so go in if you're worried... 7wks is very little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now