5 wk old sick after every feed.

(7 Posts)
sleepyhead1234 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:55:21

DS is currently on 4oz of formula (cow and gate) every 4hrs. He enjoys his feed and doesn't show any sign of being in pain. I wind halfway and he burps no problem however after the whole bottle which he drains i wind him, hes a little sick i put him down tuck him in and then he's sick again. Enough to need a clean sheet and outfit. It's alot worse at night. I've tried keeping him upright for 30 mins after which doesn't help.

HV said to increase to 5oz as he was draining 4 which i did but the sickness also increased!!

Any suggestions??

could you try smaller feeds at shorter intervals e.g. feed 3oz every 3 hours

sleepyhead1234 Thu 24-Jan-13 17:02:30

we've tried that it made no difference sad

TheMightyLois Thu 24-Jan-13 17:08:06

4oz is quite a lot for a 5week old I think. What happens if he only has 2oz, is he still sick?

could he have reflux and need meds to help keep the milk down? There are anti-reflux milks you could try e.g. Aptamil anti-reflux has thickeners to help keep milk down

TheMightyLois Thu 24-Jan-13 17:12:42

Have you tried a different formula? I'd forgotten, but DS was a bit like this on SMA, but was fine once we switched. Might be worth a try?

cow and gate also have an anti-reflux milk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now