Is DD drinking too much water?

(3 Posts)
whoopwhoopbib Wed 23-Jan-13 22:22:54

10 month old DD has 4 bf a day along with 3 meals (I don't give snacks but give a bf instead).

I give her water in a tall trainer cup with her lunch and she will have a few sips then but if I leave her with it after her meal she will drink pretty much all of it. Sometimes this is within a short space of time or it could be over the course of an afternoon.

I tend to fill the cup 3/4 of the way and there have been a couple of times this week when she has finished it.

I have only noticed it in the last week and I am very careful about the salt content in her food so I don't think this is the cause.

My worry is that she isn't very well and I haven't noticed but there aren't any other indicators of this.

So, does this seem excessive or normal for a bf baby please?

quoteunquote Thu 24-Jan-13 00:11:50

It may be that she is finding heating on, is drying her out, I know mine drank a lot in winter,

check with the doctor if you think it is excessive, just to rule anything else out, and put your mind at rest.

whoopwhoopbib Thu 24-Jan-13 09:07:02

Thanks I did wonder about heating as we have stayed indoors more due to the snow.

I have to speak to the doctor soon anyway so I will mention it then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now