Having new feeding problems please help

(4 Posts)
Maciesmammy Tue 22-Jan-13 14:17:40

Recently my 5 month old daughter has been unwell and went off her bottles for a few days. She is now drinking her bottles again but now I have a new problem. Although she is drinking them she gets to around 4oz before getting bored and just starts messing with it. I can manage to distract her long enough to finish a bottle but iv noticed she seems to be dribbling a lot of the milk out her mouth. She has never done this before as if she had a could maybe understand it. Has anyone got any ideas why she could be doing this? Could she be ready for the next size teat?

HopAndSkip Tue 22-Jan-13 17:56:24

Maybe she's still slightly under the weather and will build up to old amount of milk gradually? If she doesn't seem to be getting enough/getting dry nappies it might be worth a trip to dr's just to make sure.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 22-Jan-13 22:36:14

I wouldn't bother distracting her, especially if she is just dribbling it. The current advice is to feed on demand. Know it can be frustrating, especially when she previously took more, but try to be led by her.

As Hop says, take her to the GP if you are concerned about dehydration. You might also want to get the GP to check her ears and throat.

Maciesmammy Wed 23-Jan-13 10:54:54

I had her to the GP last week and he didn't seem concerned at all. She's not dehydrated as she is actually drinking the bottle she just seems to be loosing a lot of it down her face lol. That's why I was wondering if she could be ready for the next size teats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now