In need of advice for some warm breatfeeding tops

(11 Posts)
MarasmeAbsolu Wed 23-Jan-13 22:08:46

I like the hoodies leedy - pricey though!
they are also on the link that silver shared, but only in very big / small sizes (50% off though!!)

I bought one from the ebay link - fingers crossed!
Will need to stock a lot more if I plan to BF for any length of time (the clothes drove me insane last time, especially once I was back at work when DD1 was 4 months old - nothing looked good)

I might think a bit longer about the fleecy hoodie... might convince myself that it would make a nice early b'day present to myself!

MarasmeAbsolu Wed 23-Jan-13 21:58:23

thank you so much! I had lost the thread, then found it, but DD2 had decided that horizontal and still is for losers....

Will go through all these links!

SilverSixpence Tue 22-Jan-13 09:34:31

There are some nice tops here

piggyboo Mon 21-Jan-13 23:21:28

here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NURSING-HOODIE-GREAT-FOR-AUTUMN-AND-WINTER-COMFORTABLE-AND-COSY-/221170290239?pt=UK_Women_s_Tops_Shirts&var=&hash=item337ec6ce3f

leedy Mon 21-Jan-13 15:05:53

(I have one of each of the above that I bought when I was bf DS1 and they are awesome - really cosy and excellent feeding access. Their tops and dresses in general are WEP if you're bf for any length of time as they're sooooo easy to feed in and don't look especially "weird feeding top". Also wash really well.)

leedy Mon 21-Jan-13 10:46:29
aamia Mon 21-Jan-13 10:16:50

Vest top plus too large v necked jumper (Primark), with too large normal jumper over the top. The vest and v neck pull down, the one on top pulls up but not fully as plenty of space so in folds kind of (I nick DH's jumpers).

ivanapoo Sun 20-Jan-13 22:45:39

I've got a drapey cardigan with poppers near the neckline and the bottom corner hemwhich when done up creates a sort of drapey cowl neck type thing - hard to explain! It's a few years old so can't buy now but you could try recreating with a swing/waterfall cardi in a size up and some sew-on poppers. You can then feed under the top drapey bit.

Or you could buy a snood or two which would keep your neck/chest warm and wear with a vest & cardi? ASOS has lots of cotton ones and knitted ones are everywhere.

NoodieRoodie Sun 20-Jan-13 22:28:04

I'd second the vest idea, I wore vests from birth (DS's) until we hit a week of hot weather in about May when I sadly had to take them off as I was about to combust!!

Oodsigma Sun 20-Jan-13 22:22:11

Can't suggest anything like that but have you tried a vest under a normal jumper so you keep your middle warm when you lift your top?

MarasmeAbsolu Sun 20-Jan-13 19:35:10

I am struggling to dress appropriately for breastfeeding in the current weather.
I only seem to have thin knits or cotton tops teamed with cardis and scarves.
Problem is, there is always a bit of throat exposed, and i am freezing.

I would love a bit chunky knit which covers chest throat and neck, with a panel or something similar to feed (without having to lift the jumper up past breast)

Anyone got something like this to recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now