Fab experience- had to share

(10 Posts)
KatieLily12 Wed 16-Jan-13 17:41:33

Today I ventured to Oxford circus to get LO some next sized clothes & took refuge in John Lewis. I had the sling & knew she'd need a change before we fed. I was dying for a cuppa & knew I'd need a drink while feeding but doing a change then dealing with getting back to cafe to BF with all my shopping etc was going to be a pain.

So I asked if I could take out a tea. Turns out they'd never been asked but were more than happy to help. In fact they popped it all on a tray for me & carried it to the parent room & set me up.

How brilliant is that?

TerrariaMum Wed 16-Jan-13 18:07:40

Wow. That is, indeed, brilliant. I am quite partial to that JL branch myself but that just makes me even more fiercely loyal.

Good business sense on their part smile.

KatieLily12 Wed 16-Jan-13 18:21:00

I shop there as a new mum because I feel safe. This scores highly with me. A brew always does!

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 16-Jan-13 18:31:05

that's excellent! what's the parent room like? I've never been to one but considering a trip to the shops soon (with ebf 3 month old)!

EauRouge Wed 16-Jan-13 18:57:16

That's fantastic smile My local JL has a breastfeeding meet in their cafe every month.

KatieLily12 Wed 16-Jan-13 19:04:27

It's a bit like a swimming pool changing room with curtains and cubicles. Lots of mums sat on comfy chairs feeding.

I resisted the urge to moo...

sparklekitty Wed 16-Jan-13 19:08:42

The JL in bluewater is also excellent. I stupidly went shopping there during my DD 9 week growth spurt and spent most of the time in the feeding room. Was lovely and warm with comfy chairs too, I also met lots of other nice mums feeding and spent most the time chatting smile

KatieLily12 Wed 16-Jan-13 19:25:04

The chatter is the best bit!

Loislane78 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:17:13

Our JL also has a parents room (Cambridge) and its brill - there is an area for BF with a water fountain thing, area for bottle feeding, changing mats plus there is a cubicle which you can fit a buggy in which has an adult and childs loo! Never thought I'd think that was cute but it is!

There's a reason JL profits are bucking the trend on the high st, cos they just have awesome customer service.

KatieLily12 Thu 17-Jan-13 04:45:00

John Lewis takes good care of mummies and are seeing the reward! I also got in a pickle adjusting all my bags, putting on winter woollies later so was invited to use a till point to dump all my things on while I was handed bits back to layer up again. Such a positive experience that I'll be sure to go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now