Excessive dribbling ..Could my 9 week old be teething ..........???

(8 Posts)
Boop33 Wed 16-Jan-13 15:41:08

yeah i think you may be right threewheels - I will just have to put up with the constant wet shoulder !

ThreeWheelsGood Wed 16-Jan-13 15:34:35

we thought this too! grumbly, lots of dribble, but now DD is 12 weeks I think it was just a phase.

Boop33 Wed 16-Jan-13 15:25:34

Hey ok thanks all ..........i think you are probably right i've had a good look and can't see /feel any sign of teeth x

ZuleikaD Tue 15-Jan-13 13:32:17

Highly unlikely. Dribbling at this age is usually more linked to their growing ability to put stuff in their mouths - it's the body's natural defence system to flush out nasties rather than swallow them. But it is possible.

Kveta Tue 15-Jan-13 11:02:25

it's just a normal developmental stage to dribble a lot - could be teething, could not - my DD has always dribbled a lot, and her first 2 teeth are just cutting now at 7 months. We get through a lot of bibs...

Boop33 Tue 15-Jan-13 11:00:43

thanks happy ....tbh its quite scary to think so .. is there any other things to look for .........apart from the tooth obviously !!

My dd cut her first tooth at 12 weeks, so it's possible.

Boop33 Tue 15-Jan-13 10:40:44

Hi all ,

My DD is mixed fed .... BF in the day and FF at night . We put her on formula because she was having so much ( she now will drink between 6oz and 8oz at 7 pm and 11ish ) . She has been on formula for about 2 and a half weeks but in the last few days she has started dribbling A LOT ! one mum suggested to be that she may be teething . Is this likely so young ? just wondering if anyone has advice /experience of this ..?? I've had a quick look but can;t see anything at min.

Thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now