does the baby benefit from BF past 6 months?

(28 Posts)
shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sun 13-Jan-13 23:46:02

I can't find any info on this from google? I can see benefits for me but not for DS, other than comfort.

I BF DS now but don't really like it TBH. But if it's best to do it to one year as WHO advises then I will.

Any advice? Thanks

ThePathanKhansWitch Mon 14-Jan-13 20:37:18

Have a look at kellymom.com loads of info on extended breastfeeding.

sleepysnorlax Thu 17-Jan-13 22:46:40

ShouldI have you tried feeding in a ring sling? I have one just for breastfeeding in public, as I have a big baby and giant boobs (40 k); the sling takes the weight of ds and also means I don't have to have a hand supporting my breast while I feed. At home I use a Widgey pillow, which has been a lifesaver for co-sleeping with - I sleep propped up by 4 pillows and a cushion under my head, 2 pillows under the head end of the cushion and another one under my elbow on the other end.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 17-Jan-13 22:53:51

Fishandjam - lying down is the only way we feed at home, the amount of times we have lay on the bed for a quick feed and woken up 2 hours later is unbelievable grin. It's when we're not at home it's hard sad

sleepysnorlax, a ring sling would do me in. I do have an ergo baby carrier but I can't master feeding in it. My baby is 15 weeks tomorrow, I got him weighed this week he is 16lb 8oz! 40k - how do you cope?! were they quite big before you had your baby? mine get in the way all the bloody time hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now