Beechams Ultra ok to take whilst breastfeeding?

(3 Posts)
icravecheese Fri 11-Jan-13 10:24:23

thanks EauRouge....I'm not overly worried if it reduces milk supply - as she's 15months & only feeding morning & night, its not so worrying as if she was a few weeks old & needing lots of feeding.
I'll take paracetamol from now on, and if my nose / sneezing / cough gets really bad again i'll perhaps take only one beechams.
Back to bed with my tissue box [sad[

EauRouge Fri 11-Jan-13 08:26:01

Phenylephrine is a decongestant that can dramatically reduce milk supply. It should come back so don't panic if you've already taken it. You might need to do extra feeds to increase your supply if it has been affected.

The decogenstants you get that you spray straight up your nose do not affect milk supply.

it really ought to have a warning on the packet angry Beechams are very bad not to have included one!

icravecheese Fri 11-Jan-13 07:59:47

I'm feeling totally and utterly dreadful, been in bed for last few days and still feel no better.

Dh bought me Beechams Ultra (paracetamol, Guaifenesin & Phenylephrine).....somebody pleeeease tell me me its ok to take whilst bf?

My DD is 15months old and only feeding first thing in morning & last thing at night, but last night and this morning I managed to feed her only an hour after taking Beechams ultra and now I'm worried if its ok to take whilst BF?

The packet doesnt say not to take when preg or bf, just to consult medical advice before taking if you are preg or bf....so presumably if it was a big no-no it would've said not to take at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now