Need advice on how to stop breastfeeding please!

(7 Posts)
charlieandthechocolatecake Thu 03-Jan-13 20:55:51

Tis cabbage leaves indeed cherry

grin

PoppyWearer Thu 03-Jan-13 17:59:09

I went cold turkey and it took ten days (actually both DCs) for the engorgement to go away.

Cabbage leaves (savoy cabbage in the fridge) are good, and you can take some painkillers.

Also a sports bra is good. And massage your boobs in the shower to help.

Ameybee Thu 03-Jan-13 17:56:50

Your supply will gradually get lower as you stop. I only do one feed per day now & at first was terribly engorged, I just expressed enough off so they were not painful, but not loads. Hope this helps x

Isn't it cabbage leave Charlie?

charlieandthechocolatecake Thu 03-Jan-13 17:48:43

*is

Silly iPod

charlieandthechocolatecake Thu 03-Jan-13 17:47:32

I heard lettuce leaves ease breast pain. I don't know if that I'd the kind of advice you're looking for!

ladymarian Thu 03-Jan-13 15:01:57

My DD2 is nearly 8 wks old and I want to give up breastfeeding (various reasons) I have been mixed feeding for the past couple of weeks and she is perfectly happy taking a bottle. I have been expressing since she was born and for the last couple of days I have been expressing and feeding her from a bottle at all times (formula or expressed milk)

My breasts are quite painful and I have been expressing less often with a view to reducing my supply and stopping completely.

Any advice?? TIA

PS I am NOT looking for any encouragement to keep breastfeeding as I am happy with my decision to stop!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now