Bejeezas, the agony - 2.3 yr old has forgotten how to latch on but doesn't want to give up BF twice a day!

(4 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 04-Jan-13 20:10:48

Can believe that you didn't think to phone, if you've been feeding for 5 years sometimes it doesn't occur to you that the support is there for you too smile

Let us know what they say and how you get on.

poachedeggs Fri 04-Jan-13 18:30:26

Thanks. Unbelievably it didn't cross my mind to call a helpline, good idea!

I don't mind continuing at all, but only if she will latch. The last few nights have been such short periods I can't help but think it's the end coming. Which is also fine, her brother self-weaned at this age too and it feels like as good a time as any.

But the nipple chewing is BAD!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 04-Jan-13 11:37:15

Haven't got any experience sorry but how do you feel about it. Are you happy to continue if she latches properly or are you seeing this as the time to stop?

Have you called a BFC? If not try the National Bfing Helpline smile

poachedeggs Wed 02-Jan-13 19:34:00

I think it's since the most recent molar came in, she just sort of sucks the nipple and can't be getting much milk. She's happy to accept an extremely short BF eg tonight she had less than 20 seconds per side but it is so painful.

I've explained that it hurts me and tried a cup instead but she still wants a BF. I need her to adjust to these new teeth pronto, or give up.

She is way more strong willed than me so anything involving a battle will be just that and I'm likely to lose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now