Lumps in L boob!!

(4 Posts)
Jellybellyrbest Wed 02-Jan-13 18:52:04

Thanks!!

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Wed 02-Jan-13 12:55:23

I have had a blocked duct in my R boob both times I've fed my 2 dc a couple of wks in. I think its usual been following a slight knock or perhaps not latching properly for a feed & thus not fully 'emptying' the boob as well.

Generally, its not a prob as long as you get it cleared otherwise it can develop into mastitis.

You need to feed more on that boob, either start every feed with it or only nurse from that one & express from the other.

You can also use heat to get the milk following before a feed - hot flannel on it works.

Try gently massaging towards your nipple during a feed, or comb your boob with a wide rounded tooth comb (again towards the nipple).

Try gentle massage in the shower or bath. Again using a flannel & gentle circular massage towards the nipple works well.

Take Paracetomol or better yet ibuprofen to help with any discomfort.

Make sure your bra fits well & nothing regularly presses on your boob.

Hth. Feel better soon.

Jellybellyrbest Wed 02-Jan-13 11:45:16

Sorry: I HAVE a tender L boob. Damn iPhone!

Jellybellyrbest Wed 02-Jan-13 11:44:13

Hi there! EBF my 8.5 mth old & yesterday & today hard tender L boob. On inspection; there are visible small lumps above the nipple. Blocked milk ducts? What to do? Why has it happened? I've noticed her latch isn't great at times, but she's had an ear infection & is actually feeding more than ever.....she's my 3rd DD. BF them all & it's never happened before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now