Bottle feeding

(3 Posts)
Loislane78 Mon 31-Dec-12 14:08:30

I don't know about bottle feeding but I do know at that age babies haven't developed their circadian rhythm (day/night) so try not to stress. Easier said that done in this weather but aim for natural daylight during the day keeping things darkened at night - it all helps. As you start doing a bedtime/bath routine in a few weeks, he'll get it smile

brettgirl2 Mon 31-Dec-12 13:03:49

Is he draining 120? If so you need to put more in the bottle until there' s some left. Don't stress about him eating too much babies need feeding on demand. Some babies just need more than others, I remember Dd2 at about 3 weeks taking over a litre in a day and she stayed on the 25th centile line till 6 months.

Kafri Mon 31-Dec-12 01:32:32

Hi, please help.

I've also posted in sleep section but don't know how to link on my phone.

Bubs is 1wk +3 and is completely nocturnal. He refuses to sleep at night to the point where I didn't even go to bed last night. He's just woke after just less than an hour and wants a feed. What do I do? He had a full feed 120ml (he's a good eater) before going down and I'm not sure i want to go down the road of feeding every hour given the quantity he eats at every feed.
I'm currently sat trying to pacify with everything other than a bottle of milk - rocking, changing, boiled water, dummy, rocking in pram, wrapping in blanket etc

What do you think? Should I feed on demand regardless or stick to my guns given how much he eats at 'normal' feeds. This isn't just a one off, it's been every night since we came home.

If its necessary to know, in Hosp he sownt a couple of days on neo as he developed an infection after birth and they were adamant it should be 4 hourly feeds regardless!! Also he doesn't feed hourly during the day, he's pretty good at sleeping then waking after a decent time. It just appears he's nocturnal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now