Sterilising question

(7 Posts)

Rinse them out with boiled water maybe?

SkiBunnnnny Sun 30-Dec-12 18:34:30

Thanks!

Yeah

SkiBunnnnny Sun 30-Dec-12 18:19:33

Well I wanted to sterilise them before the first use at least. So if I just rewash them to get rid of them powder they should be fine?

The bottles washed in hot soapy water will be fine.

Doodlekitty Sun 30-Dec-12 18:03:38

I was told by bf support worker that when bfing bottles just need to be washed in hot soapy water, they don't need sterilising. I'm not sure why and if I'm honest I do still sterilise, but it's worth knowing

SkiBunnnnny Sun 30-Dec-12 18:01:43

My LO is now almost 4w and I feel like we are beginning to hit our stride with BF so I decided to get some bottles ready to maybe start giving him some expressed milk if I need to go out for a couple of hours and leave him with OH or have a glass of champagne on NYE.

So I boiled everything in a big pot of water for around 15 mins but unfortunately since our water is ridiculously hard everything is now coated in a fine white powder. Tried again with filtered water but (unsurprisingly) same result. Would it be bad for the baby to get milk from these? Will I just need to live with it? Do I need to buy distilled water for sterilising? Help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now