natural term BF and sex.

(7 Posts)
allthegoodnamesweretaken Sun 30-Dec-12 20:09:58

I've got the implant, so I haven't had any but my sister hasn't got any children and doesn't have periods on the implant either. I was considering having the implant removed, because I read somewhere that it can lower your libido, and well what's the point if I'm not DTD anyway?!

LadyWidmerpool Sun 30-Dec-12 19:35:13

Have your periods come back? I felt better once mine did at 14 months.

Anothercuppatea Sun 30-Dec-12 19:31:06

I often wonder if the lower libido while bf is natures extra contraception?

mamawharton Sun 30-Dec-12 19:27:12

op im in the same position as you! relieved im not alone in this. didn't have sex during pregnancy and been feeding for 10 months. it has put a massive strain on our relationship but to make it worse we don't talk about it so its like an elephant in the room. at times!! i just don't feel like it. we really need to reconnect but finding it so hard as when dd goes to sleep im shattered!! xx

leedy Sun 30-Dec-12 13:39:36

I'm not sure to what extent breastfeeding affected my libido as I was also on an SSRI for PND for a year (which definitely dented it), but I do agree that there's also a psychological element of "the longer you've gone without, the harder it gets". I definitely remember not feeling interested until we decided to TTC again and then regaining a lot of interest after first making the effort.

izzyhasanewchangeling Sun 30-Dec-12 13:03:13

It hasnt affected mine, I see it as an important part of our relationship and do make an extra effort though (for both our sakes not dhs).

I have been pregnant or BF for over 5 years though, so it would be dead in the water by now.

Often its making the effort to get started thats the hardest part isn't it - it is for me anyway.

I think as well the longer you have gone on the harder it gets, can you start having a "date" night (no pressure for sex), showers together? that sort of thing?

allthegoodnamesweretaken Sun 30-Dec-12 12:56:09

I'm bf very nearly 2 yo DD. I'm planning on letting her self wean. The ONLY issue I have with bf is that it has seriously lowered my libido. I'm just not interested. But I think relationship with DH is suffering for it so I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Did you have/are you having this issue? How did you deal with it? Am I just not going to DTD until I stop bf??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now