When are the likely growth spurts??

(6 Posts)
Izzybuzzybuzzybees Mon 31-Dec-12 17:46:25

Thanks everyone. Feeding has calmed down a lot. In fact he is ridiculously quick now but seems to be getting what he needs so hoping this is a sign of things settling down.

Welovecouscous Sun 30-Dec-12 10:49:17

Izzy they are different for different babies - I find that if I think DS is having one it tends to follow the same pattern of intense feeding - you will definitely recognise them smile

tiktok Sun 30-Dec-12 09:25:31

Babies do have growth spurts but there is no evidence they come at predictable times. They do seem to be linked with developmental changes.

I would buy the book Wonder Weeks , it's a really good guide to the growth spurts particually the brain growth spurts.

RyleDup Sun 30-Dec-12 00:51:01

16 weeks was the biggest one for us. Dd was permanently attached to me for a week, and ds for 2 weeks. In retrospect, I wish I'd got my supply up by pumping in the month before that, then dc wouldn't have been stuck to me for so long in a bid to produce more milk.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sun 30-Dec-12 00:46:24

My 8 week old son seems to be feeding loads tonight and I'm assuming its another growth spurt.

We have had a tricky start to feeding encountering near mastitis, then thrush and a full blown hole in my nipple. Things had been looking up and I want to prepare myself so want to know when the likely growth spurts are??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now