BF àtoddler, how many times a day?

(28 Posts)
Fazerina Fri 21-Dec-12 14:00:43

DS is 19 months and recently due to a thread on here, I started paying more attention to how many times a day he feeds. I counted the times yesterday, which was a pretty typical day and it was 7 times in 24 hours. At times, when he's teething or ill, I know it's more than that. I'm just curious to hear how much other toddlers around this age BF..

Fazerina Sun 30-Dec-12 11:19:39

TiddlyOmPomPomPaRumPaPumPum I know what you mean; my DS recently had what I think was the norovirus, and I was also so happy to still be breastfeeding to get some good nutrition in him.

MamaChocoholic that's interesting to hear that your DTs haven't stopped waking even after having been night weaned. So many people seem to think night weaning will stop the night waking..

Leviathan sorry to hear you're feeling a bit run down. I don't think BFing is supposed to make you feel that way. I would get an appointment with the GP to check your iron and vitamin D levels if I were you. Actually, a male doc told me to stop BFing for the sake of my health too, but I just brushed it off as a stupid piece of advice, as he didn't elaborate on it further.. In my case, the doc was a rheumatologist though, and I think he might have said that, because BFing makes your joints more supple, which could contribute to the aches and pains I have I suppose. But I haven't stopped and don't intend to anytime soon either..

Faz, ds1 was totally weaned by 15 months and didn't sleep through till after 2 either. bf, or lack of it. certainly doesn't correlate with better sleep with my kids. I night weaned the dts in the hope it would, then found it took much longer to get them back to sleep without bf. I'd go back to night feeding except it seems now to have lost its sleep inducing power.

Leviathan Thu 03-Jan-13 21:02:11

Thanks for that, feeling much better after catching up on sleep over xmas. had blood tests and all ok tho same doc said iron levels are on low side of ok. That may explain the aches and pains though, one of my friends mentioned about the supple joints too...
xL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now