Anti colic bottles

(11 Posts)
Sparklesandglitter Tue 27-Nov-12 21:48:52

Hiya can I ask for your experience of different anti colic bottles? In particular MAM and dr brown?thanks

amazingmumof6 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:04:45

Avent anti colic bottles combined with Aptamil anti colic formula worked for us

stargirl1701 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:11:42

We used the Tommee Tippee ones. They did seem to reduce wind.

Alamaya Wed 28-Nov-12 01:00:23

dr browns and tommee tippee ones with the tube in worked for my daughter.
Ironically im on dr browns for my son but not due to colic apparently they are closest to the hospital teats he got hooked on lol

Sparklesandglitter Wed 28-Nov-12 02:23:09

Such a shame there is no "one type cures all" with babies!lol Thank you for the responses I think I will try the tommee tippee AC first and take it from there

MummyCoolski Wed 28-Nov-12 02:35:22

I like the MAM ones, as they are god for mixed feeding (encourage 'fish lips') however, because the bottom bit screws on with a seal inside you can get leaks if you weren't careful about assembly; not something I was very hot on in the early days, due to lack of sleep!

amazingmumof6 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:15:21

sparkles also remember to burp baby properly after each feed, the little air bubbles swallowed (can be from breast feeding too!) are easier to get rid of through burping!
if they get trapped and travel down the gut, baby will have pain until he/she passes them as wind

watch Priscilla Dunstan's baby words/baby language on you tube (Oprah show is good) - you can learn the different cries of baby and what they mean, it's fantastic!

stargirl1701 Wed 28-Nov-12 20:17:11

Don't shake the bottles too much. It creates lots of bubbles.

DialMforMummy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:42:31

I can't say I have noticed much difference, aren't all bottles anti colic now?
Anyway, we used Dr Brown for the first 3 months, they are fine but they must not be filled with water that is too hot otherwise it goes everywhere. They are a pain to clean and have lots of little bits. Agree that they should not ever be shaken (esp if you are wearing black).
I am now using Avent ones (colic is a distant bad memory now), they are much easier to use especially if out and about using a carton. They don't leak anywhere near as much.
For colic, plenty other options are available as well: Colief, Infacol, Cranial osteopathy, nerves of steel, to name a few. What works with one child might not work with another.

Sparklesandglitter Thu 29-Nov-12 07:19:48

Thank you for your replies, we have tried colief (made DD vomit) and infacol. She does bring up a lot of burps (and farts!) I think I will try the mam bottles I do like the thought of sterilising easily in the microwave! Thanks all smile

tanyaroy Mon 21-Apr-14 09:02:20

I was thinking of buying this antic colic feeding bottle. Was a a little apprehensive of how it works. But going to go ahead with it now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now