Night feeding and changing in your room or nursery?

(30 Posts)

Quick question: when you have a little one in your bedroom initially, in the moses basket or crib, do you have separate nappy changing paraphernalia and/or a chair in your bedroom for changing them/feeding in the night, or do you take them through to the nursery, then bring them back into your room/moses basket when they are changed & asleep again.... for some reason we just can't picture what would happen...

(Our main changing area and chair will only fit in the nursery, we won't be able to fit it in our room as well)

Thanks in advance for advice/experiences.

NellyBluth Mon 19-Nov-12 20:39:45

I'd try a larger size nappy as Pampers Baby Dry generally lasted the night with us, but leakages were generally due to a smaller nappy. I've just discovered Sainsbury's Eco and they are very good.

I'm obviously in the minority here but we always took the baby into the nursery. She was formula fed so we were able to share the night feeds and we found it less disruptive to the person who was not doing the feeds that night and we all got better sleep. We had a tiny low bulb in the nursery lamp so it was all generally done in dim light, and then just popped DD back in her basket, and as long as she had a hand on her tummy she fell back asleep very quickly.

Thanks Gold and Peazly I will try going up a size although the nappies will be up to his armpits!

MrsHoarder Tue 20-Nov-12 07:59:56

Don't worry about bf poos OP, once we were in the seeing of it ds pooed weekly. admittedly that poo was horrific, but we weren't changing nappies twice a night.

And for those with leaky nappies, you need to go up a size. Its too small when it stats leaking, not when it doesn't go round the baby. They need to be roomy

I found Asda's Angel nappies good too. Much better than Pampers.

I'd only change if REALLY nessacary - I used to keep a mat with nappies/wipes under the bed so I could just pull it out if needs be.

IShallCallYouSquishy Tue 20-Nov-12 18:57:03

Another vote of only changing if necessary. I.e. poo or soaked through. I would always BF in bed with lots of pillows propping me up and using light of iPhone. Then straight back into basket next to bed once she had fallen asleep. Feeding in bed will keep you more relaxed and is less disruptive for baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now