Any bottle recommendations for a bf baby

(8 Posts)
KaylaC Sat 17-Nov-12 23:01:23

Ok, so after alot of struggles with breast feeding we are doing ok, and now have pain free feeding. LO would occasionally take a bottle no probs when I was getting too sore to feed him, and also had a dummy although he was never that fussed with the dummy. Anyway, he's now 16 weeks old and he's dropped the dummy. I am supposed to be going out o 20th december with hubby but LO has also decided there is no way he's taking a bottle either.

Any recommendations on how to get around this, so far I've tried 2 different types of bottles.

Any advice welcome - thank you smile

aimingtobeaperfectionist Sat 17-Nov-12 23:11:18

I use tommee tippee closer to nature but I introduced them at about 4 weeks. DD isn't as keen on them as she is my boob but will tolerate.
Have you tried letting your DH use the bottles? Baby might smell you and not want bottle?

KaylaC Sat 17-Nov-12 23:27:39

Thank you.
He has taken a bottle a few times when I was having bf problems, and I used a medela bottle. But now he'll gag if you put a bottle any where near him. OH has tried to give it too him and still no joy

Angelico Sat 17-Nov-12 23:44:48

I got the Medela Swing Pump and it came with the Calma Teat that goes on Medela bottle. Baby took to it straight away when I expressed a bit when she was 4 weeks old. She's nearly 8 weeks now and I'm on the verge of jacking in BFing so the bottle may get out to play again...

stargirl1701 Sat 17-Nov-12 23:48:03

I think there is a new Avent bottle out with 'petals' on the teat.

BertieBotts Sat 17-Nov-12 23:56:35

Try latex teats - the old-fashioned, brown ones. The texture is closer to skin and they seem to prefer them.

HeidiHole Sun 18-Nov-12 00:02:09

Medela calma is what I use (amazon)

mejon Sun 18-Nov-12 15:35:46

My initial bottle refuser finally took the NUK ones with a latex teat. I think she found the Tommee Tippee teats too big and not particularly nipple-like (not like mine at least!). When she was used to the latex ones I swapped for the silicone ones as they last longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now