Breastfeeding - Sudden twisting and pulling mid-feed

(3 Posts)
MousyMouse Sat 17-Nov-12 16:46:36

...just wait until she/he does the flamingo (standing on one leg whilsy feeding) or 'tuning' the other nipple...

Awakeagain Sat 17-Nov-12 16:38:20

My ds had started to do this as well! Sometimes it's really hard to break the latch too because if how he is pulling!
I'd love any advice/info too
(Sorry for hijacking)

JaffaSnaffle Sat 17-Nov-12 16:31:54

My DD2, 19 days old, is breastfed. She is quite a wriggly baby, and latching on can take a good few minutes, with hands and arms flying everywhere.

Once she is on, she is still, has a good latch, and feeds well, but then after a 5/10 mins, she starts twisting her head, or pulling down on my nipple, while still attached. It really hurts, and I am breaking off the latch with my finger as soon as she does it, but why is she doing this, and can I prevent it?

I am wondering if she is getting windy mid feed? I've tried burping her, but she just gets upset, and starts rooting again. I am wondering if she is unable to distinguish stomach/wind pain from hunger? Any tips would be welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now