Going away and leaving bottles for the first time - can someone reassure me it'll be alright?

(2 Posts)
amazingmumof6 Thu 15-Nov-12 23:38:05

if you mean no feeding as in no breastfeeding - yes, she might miss it, but if she gets formula instead she'll be fine.

I use the ready made cartons on journeys, or she can possibly drink the ready made baby juice or simple water for extra liquid intake.

from your side - you could express some milk while they are away to keep it going and simply freeze it (or throw away if you are planning to drink alcohol!)

enjoy your event, try not to worry, DH will manage fine! (and what a sweetie, big brownie points for him!)

babybouncer Thu 15-Nov-12 22:37:13

DH is taking our two away overnight on Saturday night so I can host something I committed to a while ago. DD is now 7 1/2 months and has one bottle of formula a day at tea time (takes between 2 and 5 ounces). I'm not too worried about her daytime feeds as she does eat some food and will only be missing 3 feeds at most. But she still has about 3 feeds in the night (not ideal, but not too bad as it's just a 5 min feed and back to bed), for which DH will have to give her bottles.

I think I'm just getting a bit anxious because I've not really been away from her before and that's really not like me (never had it with DS because he never took to feeding so was on bottles much earlier). And DH is entirely capable and fairly calm about things generally. But still...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now