Ouch!!!

(6 Posts)
amarylisnightandday Thu 15-Nov-12 14:00:27

Dd2 finally born and latched on no problems. Getting sore already though just like with dd1 where I was sore for the 1st month the. It cleared up.
I'd rather it was sore for days rather than weeks any advice?
Lansinoh just makes the bra/pad stick to the skin and makes it worse. Bm never worked for me and is rather not anyway. What else can I buy/try?

McBaby Thu 15-Nov-12 14:15:00

I'm using vasaline and jelonet. Keeps the moist and no sticking to anything.

crikeybadger Thu 15-Nov-12 15:20:46

Hard I know but if you can get to the root cause of the problem which is causing the pain then that is better than all the cream in the world.

How old is dd2, obviously some tenderness part way through some of the feed can happen, but if you are in pain throughout the feed then perhaps check the attachment.

ZuleikaD Thu 15-Nov-12 17:05:48

Jelonet has been recommended to me too.

amarylisnightandday Thu 15-Nov-12 18:16:16

What's jelonet? Dd2 is 3 days old! Mw said I'm using too much lansinoh and that I should treat it like chapped lips and use sparingly I will try not to overdo it!

As much fresh air as possible.

I don't advocate wandering down the street with your norks out, but I found that when I was in the house it was better to just wear a dressing gown loosely around me and catch any milk rivers with a muslin

Washable breastpads may be more comfortable too, changed often so you've not got a moist area around your nipples.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now