Baby being sick

(8 Posts)
3plus2 Tue 13-Nov-12 07:57:59

My LO is now bringing up whole feeds ? What do I do now cause I have to wait to produce more ! Aaaaargh

BeaWheesht Tue 13-Nov-12 08:12:15

Is it Every feed? Is it a bug do you think? Or reflux?

If a bug get her seen to check for dehydration.

If reflux then try keeping her as upright as possible after feeds and try and wind her often, a GP may wants to provide mess to help too.

Is it really a whole feed? Try putting half a glass of water or something on a tea towel / floor and seeing if its as much as that - sometimes its worse than it looks. Not always though dd regularly vomited 6/7 massive projectile fountains of reflux vomit.

Keep drinking lots yourself and eating well.

BeaWheesht Tue 13-Nov-12 08:12:36

Meds not mess!

BeaWheesht Tue 13-Nov-12 08:13:15

FFs not worse than it looks - seems worse than it is I meant

AngelDog Tue 13-Nov-12 08:33:51

You don't have to wait to produce more. The more (& faster) that milk is removed, the more (& faster) your body will produce more. Offering as often as possible is important.

3plus2 Tue 13-Nov-12 11:59:50

Didn't give much info this am sorry school run rush. ! Well she was sick wen I was feeding her in bed this morning and seemed an awful lot I've had to change bed and wait for mattress to dry off a bit ? I'd say about 6 oz worth ? Then she did it again an hour later but not as much ? She doesn't seem really unwell like temp or anything she smiling ? She did this last week too and is having explosive get in the bath now poo's :0 but she does these now and again anyway ? She has her bcg tomorrow then next mmr Thursday and she just getting over chicken pox sad we having the worst time :0

3plus2 Tue 13-Nov-12 12:01:42

She has just had a feed and it's not come back yet so fingers crossed perhaps it was just coming out too fast ?

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Tue 13-Nov-12 12:36:21

my 6 week old does this and I think it's to do with the milk coming too fast and him having too much too quickly. Hope she is better soon, sounds like you've had a rough few weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now