Ameda lactaline

(18 Posts)
MadderHat Sat 24-Nov-12 10:25:20

I found pumping with the flexishields better than without, also try increasing the suction during your session - start off with shallow and fast and move to deep and slow. Pump first thing and if not then pump at the same time each day and as long as possible after the previous feed to fit in with your life, gradually increasing the time spent (and when you want to wind down, gradually decrease), the supply will slowly increase. Look at your baby or a photo of your baby.

ishchel Mon 19-Nov-12 17:53:55

The flexishields work, ime. I had used a manual with flexishields before I bought the lactaline and found them useful on that too. I expressed for 2 babies after I returned to work using a Lactaline and then sold it on to a bf charity to get other mums feeding their babies.

Welovecouscous Sun 18-Nov-12 20:15:50

Typed big post and lost it sad

I am using the same size shield things as I was with my Medela. But I think they may be too big as quite a lot of breast is getting sucked into the shield.

I'm wondering about their flexi shield - don't know if anyone had tried that?

BumgrapesofWrath Sun 18-Nov-12 18:10:02

Pumping first thing yields more milk.

I also had to buy bigger suckers as my nipples are quite big - have you got the correct size?

Also check the tubes are attached properly.

I also used to have to be very relaxed to get a good yield

Welovecouscous Sun 18-Nov-12 18:00:33

The pump has arrived and I don't know of I am doing something wrong, but I am struggling sad

Seem to be finding it hard to get much out - average 20 mls a session.

Has anyone else struggled with this and found out how to pump larger volumes with this pump?

Welovecouscous Mon 12-Nov-12 10:02:12

Ooh good smile

Thechick Mon 12-Nov-12 08:21:01

I have the ameda too and found it a lot more comfortable than the hospital ones and got the same amount.

Teds77 Mon 12-Nov-12 08:14:43

Too late but I have the Ameda and am very happy with it. Just do one double pump a day at the moment and get around 7oz in 15mins. I have twins though so probably have decent supply.

Welovecouscous Mon 12-Nov-12 07:55:40

Thank you Ziggy - that's good to hear!

I have just ordered it so will update with a review once I've used it in case anyone is interested in buying one.

TheNameisNOTZiggy Sun 11-Nov-12 23:03:52

My LC recommended this one. I already had a medela tho!

Welovecouscous Sun 11-Nov-12 18:59:19

Thank you Madder - that is very reassuring info.

My Medela has not been very reliable I'm afraid - this is the second time the pump has been unusable and last time it was replaced free of charge. Tubing has also been replaced.

MadderHat Sun 11-Nov-12 18:20:14

I had a lactaline and I pumped 30 pints for the milk bank and, having handed it on (because the pump itself does not come into contact with milk and the milk touching parts are replaceable), it has also supported another woman's child on exclusive expressing for 6 months, as well as being used for normal pattern pumping for a third woman. The only issue is that the parts which need sterilising (for milk banking) will only be sterilised in a steam not a microwave steriliser.

Welovecouscous Sun 11-Nov-12 16:58:39

Thank you cmot - very helpful smile

thehumanegg Sun 11-Nov-12 16:37:09

Yep I should say that I get tiny amounts expressing too (1 oz total at my peak) so I may not be the best to review

CMOTDibbler Sun 11-Nov-12 16:19:46

I had a Lactaline, and it was brilliant. I expressed at work, 5 days a week, for a year with mine, which was second hand to start with, and then sold it on.

Welovecouscous Sun 11-Nov-12 16:11:23

Interesting human egg - I had the swing which is the pump that has gone mouldy. I am not great at expressing generally - never get more than 70mls a session.

thehumanegg Sun 11-Nov-12 16:04:46

I have this, I think it works as well for me as the medela swing and symphony. I do much prefer the let down thing on the medelas though - this one doesn't have that and you set it manually with the speed/ suction settings, this doesn't work as well for me.

Welovecouscous Sun 11-Nov-12 15:57:56

Just made the hideous discovery that the inside of my current pump is full of mold (aaaagghh).

Really need to replace ASAP - go out to work and need to express more to complete the stocks for this week.

This pump has good amazon reviews. Views anyone??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now