Moving onto cow's milk

(4 Posts)
showtunesgirl Fri 12-Oct-12 12:44:06

Thanks. I know she's getting a balanced diet here and will do at the CM's too so am not too worried about deficiencies.

As she's still getting BM from me at least another two times or three times if she wants it in the night, I guess it should be ok.

Oh yes with a couple of weeks to go, I'd happily go to cow's milk. She might not want it, but I'd trust her to go with what she wants/needs. She might up the bfing for a time to compensate but absolutely would just keep offering cow's milk as an alternative.

showtunesgirl Fri 12-Oct-12 11:29:38

Anyone? Thanks!

showtunesgirl Thu 11-Oct-12 20:43:28

DD is starting her settling in week in a couple of weeks when she will be 11 months old. She's been slowly but surely dropping her feeds and she's down to about three / four a day at the moment, so my plan was to leave one feed of EBM with the CM and to do the other feeds myself before she goes and after she goes. She's very much established onto solids and has been refusing if I offer any more than about three / four times a day.

However, I really don't have much freezer stash left and when she does go all day there, would it be ok for her to move straight onto cow's milk bearing in mind that she will only be three weeks shy of a year? I'm not able to express much now either and would hate to be giving formula when the year is almost up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now