Politics of breastfeeding £1.99!!

(11 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 11:47:00

Just started it this morning, you are right it is written in a very engaging way smile

It's a bit of a polemic but we need those every now and again. I literally gasped out loud at the 'sore boobs' formula ad! What a shocker!

I have to confess I nearly became a card-carrying member of the Breastapo the other day - we were doing some baby signing in a mother and baby group the other day. 'When baby (sign) is hungry (sign) they need milk (sign) from a bottle (sign).' Breast was not mentioned and the majority of babies there were under 6 months. I nearly said something, but since I'm the only breast feeder in a group of 10 babies with mums (!!!) I held my counsel. When out and about, I have seen dozens of babies being fed - only two have I seen being BFed and one of them is my own.I just find it so very sad that so many people don't want to, or genuinely believe themselves unable to breast feed because of the culture we live in sad

HannahBerry Fri 19-Oct-12 08:11:14

Just bought this- BTW it is still available at £1.99 as Kindle version- and I can't sleep because it is brilliant! I am only on chapter 3, and I feel very informed already. I was considering stopping BF at 6 months (baby is 5.5) but no way I am going to line the pockets of evil corporations! What was I even thinking?

Oh yes, BF has been exhausting and relentless at times. But now I can see it has been totally worth it and it was the right thing for us. Without us BF mothers, human race would have died out instantly- so why are lactating boobs taboo in this country?! Nuts!

The book is written in a very engaging way and I found the information enlightening. For example, there are no such things as a need for top ups or insufficient supply- but how many times have I heard this during the last 5 months?

I shall be recommending to all my BF and pregnant friends. Thank you for posting this! H x

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Oct-12 22:08:35

Thank you smile

Seriouslysleepdeprived Mon 15-Oct-12 21:55:51

Bump as it ends tomorrow smile

Seriouslysleepdeprived Wed 10-Oct-12 19:27:54

Yes on kindle.

Here is the link smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 10-Oct-12 19:27:51
EdgarAllanPond Wed 10-Oct-12 19:23:05

for kindle? linky?

Great I want this!!

CMOTDibbler Wed 10-Oct-12 19:21:50

Ooh, thanks for the tip

Seriouslysleepdeprived Wed 10-Oct-12 19:20:58

Just seen they are doing an offer at amazon for this fab book. It's £1.99 to download for a week only.

It's an eye opening read that talk about the history of infant feeding. Would really recommend it to anyone with children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now